Anyone like these cool guys?

teddy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teddy,

I am no expert at all, but I've got a lovely tank now (approx 75 gallons)and my mate (who is the expert) donated 6 red-bellied piranhas as 'starters' which I've kept because they really are fun to watch and much more placid than people think. Also in there are 5 Bala Sharks no problems and evil 'Tex' (Red Tex).

Oh, and a pleco - he works hard.

Now, my buddy in Banchang and his brother have both branched out into salt-water. I've seen the video of the tanks on his phone and I'm going up on Saturday to see them for real.

I have a funny feeling that the next 6 months is going to see another 'installation'.

I'm just taking it easy at the moment though and learning from the experts and researching on the net. I'm lucky with the Canadian guys who've been doing this for years and drop in for a beer and monitor that I'm doing everything right.

That's exactly how I started off, freshwater set up with Bala Sharks and Plecos.

Saltwater is much more interesting even though its a lot more work and about 50 times the cost. If you do decide to take the plunge then look at the forums on this website, you can find out evrything you need to know there. Good luck :thumbup:

ReefCentral

Teddy, it would be much easier if you just poured your money down the drain. :(

This damn dog of mine. 13 years now. Between the dog food and the vet bills. I could probably have enough money for a nice tart for one week in LOS. Hmmm . . .

Wait a minute . . . I did have a nice tart for a week in LOS. AND . . . I have the dog. Hmmm ...

I've got to give this whole pet thing much more thought.

Archived