Anyone like these cool guys?

teddy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's exactly how I started off, freshwater set up with Bala Sharks and Plecos.

Saltwater is much more interesting even though its a lot more work and about 50 times the cost. If you do decide to take the plunge then look at the forums on this website, you can find out evrything you need to know there. Good luck :thumbup:

ReefCentral

Thanks Teddy. Added that link to Faves and I'll have a good look later.

I don't know where you are, but here in Thailand the tanks they make are top-class and relatively inexpensive. All the other bits and bobs come in reasonably cheap but if a 'chiller' is needed for the sea-water tank (we've been debating this) then they are in the 8-10k (baht) range. Still, when you've gotta have it..!

I don't know where you are, but here in Thailand the tanks they make are top-class and relatively inexpensive. All the other bits and bobs come in reasonably cheap but if a 'chiller' is needed for the sea-water tank (we've been debating this) then they are in the 8-10k (baht) range. Still, when you've gotta have it..!

I don't think you will need a chiller unless you are using metal halide lights. However, if you are looking for that much light intensity you should go for LED lights which don't generate anything like the heat that MH do and they use far less electricity.

I bought a couple of these [color:red]Aquaray SSL[/color] They are amazingly light and hardly generate any heat at all.

• 1 month later...

So Teddy, when I eventully get around to visiting you in Scouseville will your wonderful tank look like your wonderful tank in Dubai, i.e., abandoned and totally covered in green algae such that it was impossible to see inside the tank? I suppose not,now that u are "working" in the UK. ;)

Archived