Against my better judgment

HeartThais

Helmut is another re-born who had a run in with another boardmember I would guess.

I seem to recall someone some time ago asking for advice on the t-shirt industry and was politely told to fuck off and work it out himself.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know an ex BG who tried to go straight, she found a job in a Jap restaurant at Siam Paragon .all went well for around 6 months then she was sacked for plotting and rocking the boat with the other staff.

now gone back to her old ways .the hours were long and hard so she prolly brought about her own downfall.

• 1 month later...

I financed a BG through first a Wat Pou massage course, then through beauty and hair school. She worked hard at her study, but when she finished she only worked hair a few weeks, then was back in the bars, the hair money was so much less, she stayed working until some Brit came and married her. My luck, he took her off my hands so to speak.

The drink stall in a BTS station sounds like a possibility. In Nana BTS, opposite Cat's hairdressing salon, someone has a tiny stall with an expresso machine. I frequently stop there, nice strong coffee, wouldn't cost much to set up. But not sure what their income is... Finding the right location that not yet has a similar service would be the challenge

The swimming/exercise place I go to has a "drink bar" there. Just a Thai lady and a blender. During the week when school is in session, there are hundreds of kids that the school takes for swimming lessons there a few times a week and the lady sells drinks to the kids by the hundreds everyday! Not sure how much rent she pays but it appears to be a good little business.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not invest your money in getting her educated? It's never too late, especially if, as you say, she's rather smart and has a good level of English.

Last Saturday night, I was with a Soi 33 Bar-club BG who told me she was in the business for 2 months and would try to get out of it as quick as possible when she saves enough (80 k, I think) to go to university. If I was staying longer in BKK I would have been capable of taking her to her word and go to that uni to get her signed up right away.

Archived