Someone Stole My Blades

The_Munchmaster

I was walking around the back of my car the other night (Landrover Discovery) and noticed that something was different about it. I couldn't immediately decide what it was but after a few moments I realised that my spare wheel cover was gone. Someone had nicked it! :mad:

Now it wasn't one of those cheap plastic wheel covers that people give away to advertise their business. It was a proper Landie wheel cover, made to measure and not cheap. :banghead:

Then this afternoon I'm heading out and as my windscreen is a bit dirty (actually the whole car is more than a bit dirty) I turn on the wash wipe and there is this nasty scraping sound. So I stop the wipers and get out to remove whatever is stuck between them and the windscreen and must be causing this noise only to discover that both my wiper blades are missing, presumably nicked by the same person. :cussing:

What is the world coming to when people steal a blokes wheel cover and even worse his wiper blades?! :shakehead

The last time I had my wheel cover stolen was by a bear in Bandung safari park in Indonesia but it was one of those cheap ones that people give away to advertise their business.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once read about Moscow/Russians. They had to take their windshield wipes off every time they parked. Old Soviet Union, I think. And another shortage of items.

As far as vehicles with spare tires on back. I don't care where one is in the planet. That is too tempting for kids/thieves.

Did they take the tire/wheel/rim too?

I once had a Datsun/Nissan pickup truck with an aluminum cap. I had some cheap tools in a cheap tool box in back. I always left the back unlocked. Parked in city once. Kids too a pry bar to aluminum sides of glass opening in back. Costly and time consuming to repair. AND all the idiot kids had to do was turn the one handle/latch and open the back - if they wanted to steal the tool box. Farkin idiot kids !!!!

I was walking around the back of my car the other night (Landrover Discovery) and noticed that something was different about it. I couldn't immediately decide what it was but after a few moments I realised that my spare wheel cover was gone. Someone had nicked it! :mad:

Now it wasn't one of those cheap plastic wheel covers that people give away to advertise their business. It was a proper Landie wheel cover, made to measure and not cheap. :banghead:

Then this afternoon I'm heading out and as my windscreen is a bit dirty (actually the whole car is more than a bit dirty) I turn on the wash wipe and there is this nasty scraping sound. So I stop the wipers and get out to remove whatever is stuck between them and the windscreen and must be causing this noise only to discover that both my wiper blades are missing, presumably nicked by the same person. :cussing:

What is the world coming to when people steal a blokes wheel cover and even worse his wiper blades?! :shakehead

The last time I had my wheel cover stolen was by a bear in Bandung safari park in Indonesia but it was one of those cheap ones that people give away to advertise their business.

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

This is poetic justice for all the times you have mentioned scousers and hubcaps on this board

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

Next time we will jack up your landrover and take all of the tires. :neener:

Archived