Good on the UK

Fred Phelps, best known for picketing the funerals of fallen U.S. troops and generally recognized as the most loathsome man in America, tried to enter the United Kingdom this week to protest a play about the death of Matthew Shepard. The UK Border Agency said Phelps and his daughter "have engaged in unacceptable behaviour by inciting hatred against a number of communities," and were prohibited from entering the country.

Whilst I still 1,000,000% believe in the old Voltaire saw "I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it," this guy really makes me strain to maintain that level of belief in that core principle of the USA.

Good on the UK for knocking those cunts back. In the US, we have to let them spew since they are "ours." You in the UK don't and I'm glad you put them in their place. :bow::applause:

Cheers,

SD

Hi,

"Whilst I still 1,000,000% believe in the old Voltaire saw "I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it," this guy really makes me strain to maintain that level of belief in that core principle of the USA."

At the risk of turning this into an anti-US thread, that 'core principle' has been trampled quite a bit by the US government, hasn't it?

How many times have they interfered in other countries to make sure the guy they liked got into power? Hardly jives with that 'core principal' now does it?

Sanuk!

Good move, "Rule, Britannia"

:bow:

At the risk of doing a crossover, In a more LOS focused thread about an Aussie who committed a crime -> why does such a backward law still exist in the UK (I am very happy it exists in this specific case)?

This is a law as vague as the libel law in some EU countries....

So to the Britons who supported the Aussie prick, why an American, no matter what his political opinion is, is bared entry to UK with such a motive used????

Archived