Head found hanging from Rama 8 bridge

Boo Radley

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote=wonderlust

And the head became detached when the victim jumped?

No, not when he jumped, but when he came to a very sudden stop !

Hangmen had to calculate the right length drop for a condemmed man's weight .... too short and he would slowly suffocate, just right would snap his neck quickly and cleanly, too long would cause a messy decapitation

<< Ketchum was executed by hanging in Clayton. [color:red]The rope was too long, and Ketchum had gained a significant amount of weight during his time in jail.[/color] Additionally nobody in Clayton had any experience in conducting hangings. [color:red]Hence Ketchum was decapitated when he dropped through the trap door.[/color]

His last words were: "I'll be in hell before you start breakfast, boys! Let her rip!"

A popular postcard was made showing the body. Afterwards his head was sewn back onto the body for viewing, and he was buried at the Clayton Cemetery. >>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Ketchum

The latest from Thairath is that they think it's suicide and not gang-related. They mention Sadam's brother being decapitated during his bungled execution as an example of what can happen during hanging.

Thai police also checked immigration records and think think the dead man may be an Italian national called Gaeta Giovani who checked into the Rex hotel in Sukhumwit Road on the 18th February, didn't check out and hasn't been seen since. They're asking for anyone having seen him alive since to contact them.

http://www.thairath.co.th/online.php?section=newsthairathonline&content=124985

Let's go back to the original story: "The neck was torn from the neck to the occipital bone consistent with it having been cut with a sharp instrument." And then, if a suicide, why the plastic bag?

There seems to be a pattern to these stories. The first reports included facts that point towards a homocide, such as a neck "cut with a sharp instrument" and a plastic bag on the head, and then, as those facts - strongly suggesting murder - drop out of the story, and then the possibility that maybe was a suicide gets played up (albeit, with all sorts of unlikely twists) and then finally, the official ruling comes in - suicide.

I really don't know what happened here, but I find it curious these sorts of stories get pushed towards suicide. And I am not the only one who is noticing this trend. Stay tuned.

Gaddie, I get your point. But really: do you trust any of the reporting in the Thai papers? They seem to make shit up moreso than even Fox News in the US. How many times has the basic facts of the story changed? More than we can count.

Or are they making it up or just incompetent? :dunno:

Cheers,

SD -- likely the "cut" head was not cut at all...

Archived