Head found hanging from Rama 8 bridge

Boo Radley

A bit more sense in this report:

Man's head found hanging from Bangkok bridge

THAI police are searching for the body of a man whose head was found hanging by a rope off a Bangkok bridge over the weekend.

The severed head of a Western man, aged between 30 and 40, was found Sunday afternoon dangling about five metres below the Rama VIII bridge, which crosses the Chao Phraya River in northwestern Bangkok.

"We still don't know the name of the victim, nor where his body is," Police Lieutenant Colonel Atcharat Haemthanon said.

"We're hoping to get some clues from the bridge's surveillance camera."

Written on the bridge's railing where the man's head was found were the words: "Cath. I want but I cannot. ... I came to Bangkok to be with you."

Link

So it's seems now that a Farang woman was involved. Suicide with an unexpectedly long drop???

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beheaded corpse found in Chao Phraya River

BANGKOK, Feb 23 (TNA) â?? Police have recovered the decapitated body of

a murdered westerner whose severed head was found dangling beneath

Bangkok's Rama VIII Bridge Sunday afternoon.

Crime suppression police continued to investigating around the Rama

VIII Bridge area when the beheaded body was found floating in Chao

Phraya River near where the head was discovered.

Police investigators suggested the victim might be aged 40-45.

The deputy chief of Metropolitan Police Division 7 Pol. Col. Chavalit

Prasopsilp said that the headless corpse is believed to be the missing

remains from the severed head found on Sunday. Police have contacted

the Russian and American embassies to help identify the victim.

Col. Chavali saidthe police also asked the Italian embassy to verify

the victim as plastic bag which was attached to the severed head

belonged to a hotel in the northern Italian town of Genoa.

Initial investigations, according to the police, indicate that the

incident can be both murder and suicide. (TNA)

General News : Last Update : 19:04:34 23 February 2009 (GMT+7:00)

Remnants of human torso found near Rama VIII Bridge, believed to be tied to beheading

Police have uncovered remnants of a human torso found near Rama VII Bridge with belief that the pieces are of a foreigner, whose head was mysteriously hung off the bridge yesterday (February 22).

Deputy Commander of the Metropolitan Police Division 7 Pol Lt Gen Chawalit Prasopsin traveled to investigate the site of a discovery near Rama VII Bridge believed to be pieces of a male torso belonging to an unidentified head found hanging over Chao Phraya River yesterday. The mostly intact torso was discovered lying on its stomach wearing a white shirt, pants and sneakers.

The Deputy Police Commander said that forensic inspections would be conducted in order to conclude whether or not the body and the head are in fact from the same victim. The nationality of the beheaded foreigner will also be identified after the process.

Police have posited both suicide and homicide as the cause of death with forensic investigations on both scenes currently underway.

If I write "Flashermac mine head take" this is not correct English but it is indeed true that he decapitated me...

:neener:

If you could hear the number of Spanish people who believe they speak good English or French...even an Aussie speaks better English (and written English you can forget it)

:neener:

I doubt any farang, even a non-native English speaker, would write "I want but I cannot". That's an obvious attempt at English by an uneducated Thai.

"I want but I cannot" is OK in my book. What about "I came. I saw. I conquered." Suppose it was a case of unrequited love -- I want [her love] but I cannot [have her love]. I mean you see stuff like "I want but I cannot" in some of Shakespear's works.

The photo of the head hanging from the bridge showed blood sprayed all over the bridge superstructure. That would seem to indicate the head was torn from the body by the impact of the fall. Otherwise, why was there no blood found on the bridge where the message was?

Snippets from today's Bangkok Post -

<< The body was clad in a white long-sleeved shirt, a pair of black trousers with dots and a pair of sneakers. A box of matches was found on the body. >

<< A Puma-brand white polyester bag was found attached to the rope used to hang the head from the bridge. There were some Italian words printed on one side of the bag.

A police source said checks had found the bag was not made or sold locally.

The source said the rope was of the type used in mountain climbing.* >>

<< Yesterday morning, officials from the Russian embassy arrived at Bowon Mongkhon police station to check the picture of the man.

They found that the man had some features typical of a Russian and believed he could be a Russian national. >>

*Mentor, have you got an alibi? :hmmm:

I doubt any farang' date=' even a non-native English speaker, would write "I want but I cannot". That's an obvious attempt at English by an uneducated Thai.[/quote']

"I want but I cannot" is OK in my book. What about "I came. I saw. I conquered." Suppose it was a case of unrequited love -- I want [her love] but I cannot [have her love]. I mean you see stuff like "I want but I cannot" in some of Shakespear's works.

Alas, poor Yorick!

Archived