Obama Addresses Congress on TV Tuesday - How Ugly Will it be?

TheCorinthian

"I's Be The President"

Since his election, the president has been roundly criticized by bloggers for using â??Iâ? instead of â??meâ? in phrases like â??a very personal decision for Michelle and Iâ? or â??the main disagreement with John and Iâ? or â??graciously invited Michelle and I.â?Â

...dean of Harvard Law that overseas the Law Review shudders!

;)

So he's guilty of speaking English correctly....just goes to show how well educated his critics are!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually his speech is excellent, full of vision, integrity and honesty.

Something repuiblicans don't understand.

I like that he's going to make the government more accountable, reveal the costs of war and make 2 triilion dollar savings. Stop torture, get rid of gitmo and address Americas international image.

I thought it was good that he pledged not to raise tax for 95% of Americans earning less than 250,000 Dollars a year, but it amused me that the republicans stayed sat down for this. Do they give a shit about their countries people...or just the top 5%? It instantly and clearly demonstates just how retarded republicans are...they need to change their thinking.

40% for 250k/year is beyond rediculous.

"I's Be The President"

Since his election' date=' the president has been roundly criticized by bloggers for using â??Iâ? instead of â??meâ? in phrases like â??a very personal decision for Michelle and Iâ? or â??the main disagreement with John and Iâ? or â??graciously invited Michelle and I.â?Â[/i']

;)

So he's guilty of speaking English correctly....just goes to show how well educated his critics are!

Explain please. Me is the object form of I. Would you say "a very personal decision for ... I"? They "graciously invited ... I"?

You are correct Flash, and the board "genious" doesn't know what he's talking about (not unusual).

Actually, I read most of this thread about 30 minutes ago and starting laughing so hard that it has taken me until now to post a reply.

I find it priceless (in fact, side-splitting) that a self-proclaimed atheist/genious is soooooooooo fucking gullible and believes everything The One spouts off. Fucking ironic, I think. :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

HH

You are correct Flash, and the board "genious" doesn't know what he's talking about (not unusual).

Actually, I read most of this thread about 30 minutes ago and starting laughing so hard that it has taken me until now to post a reply.

I find it priceless (in fact, side-splitting) that a self-proclaimed atheist/genious is soooooooooo fucking gullible and believes everything The One spouts off. Fucking ironic, I think. :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

HH

I got to listen to Rush Limbaugh tomorrow. He generally starts his show with a 'paid Obama commercial' and then starts talking about the Anointed One the Messiah, Obama. :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

"I's Be The President"

Since his election' date=' the president has been roundly criticized by bloggers for using â??Iâ? instead of â??meâ? in phrases like â??a very personal decision for Michelle and Iâ? or â??the main disagreement with John and Iâ? or â??graciously invited Michelle and I.â?Â[/i']

;)

Explain please. Me is the object form of I. Would you say "a very personal decision for ... I"? They "graciously invited ... I"?

No, but as pointed out by the article such luminaries as Shakespeare used the same pattern as Obama and in my youth we were taught to use the "My parents and I" form.

Other examples; My friends and I, (name) and I. Using me isn't forbidden but it was thought of as being poor grammar. Please also remember that I'm English and not American.

I've no idea how you managed to make the jump to the above examples you've cited. A little bit odd.

HH

I find it hilarious that you supported a party and president that destroyed a great nation. That's a special form of stupid and you bought every bit of bullshit they threw at you AND you went back for more and tried to vote them in again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't "believe" anything Obama says, he stated his policies, now we shall see what he does. He has made the claims and signalled his intentions and they are clearly for the benefit of America (which as a patriot you should support). Your preceptions of reality are somewhat askew it appears.

Btw, I've never claimed to be a genius, although I'm an atheist. Not sure what my lack of faith has to do with it.

You are correct Flash' date=' and the board "genious" doesn't know what he's talking about (not unusual).

HH[/quote']

I find it hilarious that you supported a party and president that destroyed a great nation. That's a special form of stupid and you bought every bit of bullshit they threw at you AND you went back for more and tried to vote them in again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't "believe" anything Obama says, he stated his policies, now we shall see what he does. He has made the claims and signalled his intentions and they are clearly for the benefit of America (which as a patriot you should support). Your preceptions of reality are somewhat askew it appears.

Btw, I've never claimed to be a genius, although I'm an atheist. Not sure what my lack of faith has to do with it.

Doesn't enlightenemet follow being a genius?

Archived