Nationality restrictions in Bangkok.

3juddy3

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't the point that they have a contract with a Middle Eastern travel company to only accept reservations from that country through that agent?

I think what the original poster was implying that those agents probably DON'T exist. Sort of a hidden racism.

I don't suppose many hotels care if you shit in the shower. That's what they pay their cleaners 100b a day each to clean up.

To add insult to injury, If those folks are crapping in the shower, they probably don't even leave a tip. :(

-=/NN

In Iraq we have or had, this thing called "Iraqi First." Under it we gave Iraqi owned business preferential treatment in getting construction contracts on base. The first group to get one was for building a chapel, and for safety, we provided housing for them on the base. Cleaning services for their bathroom was also provided.

It lasted two days.

Seems lower class Iraqis had no idea what the toilet was for, or also, liked to use the shower for the WC. It even went by "rank." The head guy took a shower first, and took a dump in it, followed by the rest of them. The cleaning crew refused to go in there the secound day, when we discovered it was not a fluke, and they crew was kicked off base two days later. But for other reasons.

So you can add that to the "mess" the hotels are talking about.

The toilet bowl was probaly used for making yummy soup.

Seems lower class Iraqis had no idea what the toilet was for' date=' or also, liked to use the shower for the WC.

[/quote']

I imagine that ones that have enough money to travel to Thailand are educated/worldly enough to know how to use a toilet.

:surprised:

-=/NN

You are right. I tend to say that esp if Iraqis are around as they are extremely class sensitive and will blame any thing on the lower class. And none of them think of them selves as lower class. In point of fact, in my exp, next to none of them knew what a toilet was for or how it worked. We actually had a training class in it for the IPs we were training.

Archived