Nationality restrictions in Bangkok.

3juddy3

I have noticed this little "information piece" added on to the web page of almost all of the hotels I am looking at staying in in BKK. Interesting isn't it? Forgive me if this has already been discussed here.

[color:red]Nationality Restriction:

Please note that this hotel operates exclusive contracts with other vendors to service nationals from the Middle East. Accordingly we are unable to service nationals from those countries. We apologize for the inconvenience.[/color]

Sometimes I have seen Indians added also.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes its interesting.

I asked the hotel reservations why they do this.

She advised that some Indian/ Middle East guests make such a mess in the room. Eating on the bed, wearing dirty shoes in bed. Failing to have a shower/bath daily. Sure u all get the picture. That it cost the hotel a fortune to renovate the rooms. That they do not really want their business.

Different lifestyle uncompatible with many others . Last month on the way back from China there was a barefeeted Middle Eastern man putting his feet way above his seat against the bulkhead in front of him . Could anybody imagine how happy the Thai cabin staff must have felt . Took them almost one hour til they decided to ask him to put his feet down . Which he did in good spirit must be said .

In Iraq we have or had, this thing called "Iraqi First." Under it we gave Iraqi owned business preferential treatment in getting construction contracts on base. The first group to get one was for building a chapel, and for safety, we provided housing for them on the base. Cleaning services for their bathroom was also provided.

It lasted two days.

Seems lower class Iraqis had no idea what the toilet was for, or also, liked to use the shower for the WC. It even went by "rank." The head guy took a shower first, and took a dump in it, followed by the rest of them. The cleaning crew refused to go in there the secound day, when we discovered it was not a fluke, and they crew was kicked off base two days later. But for other reasons.

So you can add that to the "mess" the hotels are talking about.

Isn't the point that they have a contract with a Middle Eastern travel company to only accept reservations from that country through that agent?

I don't suppose many hotels care if you shit in the shower. That's what they pay their cleaners 100b a day each to clean up.

Archived