Nationality restrictions in Bangkok.

3juddy3

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Different lifestyle uncompatible with many others .

I was working near a large pretigious North American university. 20 years ago. Large new high rise expensive apartments nearby. I got to talking with the property manager. I asked what the security deposit was. At that time the rent was US $1,500.00 per month and the security deposit was the same.

I asked if what types of tenants he had and about returning the security deposit. The regular answer - some tenants good and some not.

But he mentioned a certain wealthy large country in the Middle East that some students were from. Property manager stated that they never got the security deposit back. I asked why.

Seems that they like to cook - not in the full luxury kitchen - but in the middle of living room floor. Burn marks all over living room carpet. And with 'other' clean ups - those tenants never got security deposit back.

Nor from what he stated did those students care if they did not get security deposit back.

The only thing that bothers me is lack of deodorant. A muslim friend of mine from Nigeria just didn't know she stank in an American high school. It was finally after getting teased to tears at school that she forced her mom to buy her some deodorant.

Someone has got to start educating these people on how badly they smell.

Seems lower class Iraqis had no idea what the toilet was for' date=' or also, liked to use the shower for the WC.

[/quote']

I imagine that ones that have enough money to travel to Thailand are educated/worldly enough to know how to use a toilet.

:surprised:

-=/NN

Judging by the attitude of two groups of indians I saw I doubt that very much.

many years ago, on my first backpacking trip, I spent 5 or 6 months in India and Nepal. eventually I got used to the smell of the locals, but it took a while ! then on to SEA, where I discovered the sweet scent of Thai girls .. much more pleasant. Then after about a year on the road I went back home to FarangLand, every time I got on a bus, or in a lift, etc, I thought ..these people stink !

We are what we eat......

Archived