Buying an Apple 3G phone in the USA for BKK

cavanami

The problem with jail-breaking iPhones now is that you cannot get future updates, etc.

555555 what a load of baloney

You cannot get the updates direct from Apple via iTunes but usualy within a week of an update it will have been cracked and available on many of the sites, I am running v2.2.1 no problem on my 3G so is the wife on her (my old) 2.5G model

I called AT&T a couple of months ago, and they said that they might offer an iPhone without a term commitment with them, but I think they said it would cost about $700 bucks or more.

Rumors are in the air that a new 3G iPhone be out in June 2009. Apple already announced the new iPhone firmware is coming out soon.

According to the Associated Press, AT&T has confirmed yesterday's rumor that they will begin offering no-contract iPhone 3Gs to existing mobile customers. The phones will be priced at $599 for the 8 GB model and $699 for the 16 GB model.

The new phones [color:red]will still be "locked"[/color] to AT&T and won't work with any other cellular carrier unless they're modified. AT&T will only activate them on the regular iPhone plans, which include a $30 monthly charge for data access. Prepaid service will not be available.

Apple declined to comment about whether they too would begin offering no-contract iPhone 3Gs. Link

I will wait until the next generation iPhone comes out in June.

so how are those proud iphone 3G owners getting along with 3G in LOS? :hmmm:

hanging at paragon all day or actually not using it in a 3G network?

how about mms, video calls or replacing a 'worn out' battery? :neener: guessed so :drunk:

anyway enjoy with this prime '3g mobile phone' :rolleyes:

Archived