Buying an Apple 3G phone in the USA for BKK

cavanami

• 2 weeks later...

You need to unlock the American ones as they are tied to AT&T

The NZ ones are already unlocked.

And I would guess that for the effort, the ones in Bangkok are gonna be cheaper/less hassle.

But I have not investigated this deeply.

Cheers

Coss

You need to unlock the American ones as they are tied to AT&T

The NZ ones are already unlocked.

And I would guess that for the effort, the ones in Bangkok are gonna be cheaper/less hassle.

But I have not investigated this deeply.

Cheers

Coss

Can G3 iPhones be unlocked? I don't think so.

I called AT&T a couple of months ago, and they said that they might offer an iPhone without a term commitment with them, but I think they said it would cost about $700 bucks or more. I bet it would still be locked, but I have listened to technology shows and the shows said you could jailbreak the 3G iPhone. The problem with jail-breaking iPhones now is that you cannot get future updates, etc. Either way it will be a bitch. Buy the 3G iPhone in Bangkok.

Rumors are in the air that a new 3G iPhone be out in June 2009. Apple already announced the new iPhone firmware is coming out soon.

In Thailand you can buy with Contract from True or just buy the phone itself True iPhone

iPhones from many countries come unlocked, full list of all countries, carriers, model numbers etc available Here

3G iPhones are easy to crack using Jailbreak, in fact even some unlocked iPhones need to be cracked to use all the features, mine is a HK model and there was no option to enable / disable EDGE so I had to Jailbreak it to enable BOSS preferences.

Archived