Chinese skip Songkran???

drogon

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old Hippie said:

"Well, I am a racist I suppose, so fuck it all...what everyone here is bitching about when it comes to the Chinese in Thailand, is pretty much everyday life here in San Francisco...just figuere they brought their complete lack of manners and common courtesy here with them, and demand we follow it, as after all, we should be "tolerant."

I like you supposition. I was accused of being racist more than once when I lived in SoCal where everyone was supposed to be 'racially tolerant'. Was I supposed to be pretend that I could tolerate very bad behavior? I once said that I did not want to live in LA because I did not want to live in an American city where I, as a white man, was in the minority and got very angry responses. I do not like American Filipinos at all. They are mean-spirited, judgemental assholes.

When I moved to Bangkok I learned that it was OK to be a bigot and most of my friends dislike some or several ethnic groups. I grew up with Mexicans and owned a weekend house in Baja CA for several years. Most of the bad things that happened to me were done by Mexicans (several thefts, two auto wrecks by uninsured Mexicans) and I now do not want to see another Mexican, even though I have had several good Mexican friends. I could go on and on about the problems that I have had with them. I did not have many black friends in San Diego just because I did not know many but have several black friends in SEAsia and I enjoy their company

Thanks for giving your views and giving me a chance to vent.

zen

Haha!! Relax bro.

However, I am afraid that more and more Chinese, Indians and other people you don't like will be travelling to LOS in the next years. TAT is actively promoting LOS in a few cities in India.

B.t.w.: I myself belong to the people that "piss you off". But don't worry: I always stay in a hotel that has primarily Asian guests, far from your hotel, so I won't bother you.

Hi,

I am an Indian but spent half my life over seas, and I always avoid hotels where the majority are from Asia sub conti & middle east. Lets accept that Indians just do not know how to behave, looks at the kids running all over the place, they do not care who is around, there loud. Sad all these people made easy money and they think they know everybody on earth. I always check-in with hotels with my US passport. Sad... Indians have not seen how a mature society lives. Look at the rackus they make on the plane for the drinks, shouting and not bothered about fellow travelling, I can go endless with all my exp., travelling in flights.

you will still come across a very decent Indian who travelled a lot and earned his manoy, who how knows how to behave, but right now you see all arrogant, people who pulled money easy money.

Why do think many hotels avoid India... the answere is simple they just have no clue how to behave and they leave the rooms like a Tsumia have swept thru.. toilets, beds, etc., with the kids running all over the corridors and the parents chatting and not even bothered where the kids are... reminds of a place in combodia " un-attended kids will be sold off as slaves"...

I've seen Indian guys being bashed-up in Suk & PTY, but I keep awaya, as I know they guys thougth it is like India where they can loud and throw there weight around but they forget there are not in India.... a bunch of idiots, I keep awaya from them.

cheers

Archived