Chinese skip Songkran???

drogon

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have traveled extensively all over China, so I feel 1% qualified to comment that I have found the Chinese on a 1 to 1 basis, very pleasane but as soon as you are 1 meter away from them, like out of their radar zone, they resort back to the crude and rude behavior...I have seen this all over China and I have spent extensive time in all the areas of China.

There was a reason that during the Olympics that for a Chinese person to enter/drive in to Beijing that they had to have a special permit...they wanted/needed to hide these crude and rude Chinese from the rest of the world.

Neither would I like to spend my holidays with a group from China nor with a group of a certain sort of British citizen . Neither would many Brits like to spend their holidays with a certain group of Brits nor many Chinese with other Chinese .

The Chinese buying OH's Californian motherland spend the money that OH's fellow countrymen send to China trying to get hold of cheap fridges because they do not want to buy expensive ones . Having said that , America is originally not owned by white boys like OH but by folks from Asia , hence their funny eye - design . Maybe they are just coming back .

It ain't that easy .

Guest lazyphil

<>

i agree, incredibly condesending and sycophantic its pathetic.

but i also agree with the poster, HT i think who points out the anti pc brigade are just as fanatic as the pc brigade, its just as unhealthy.

...I don't care if you are black, pink, yellow -> all that matters to me is how you behave and how you think....

That's my vision as well.

Returning to the Chinese-issue. Most of my friends are of Chinese descent. And I like Chinese girls most...

Rather weird the Thai dislike Chinese. Thai culture is very much Chinese and not to forget the Thai genes.

Thais do not like Chinese who assimilate. Those who do are accepted. Look at the political leaders: Abhisit and Thaksin are both Chinese-Thais, as was Samak, Somchai and most of the rest. Even the late Princess Mother was half-Chinese. What Thais do not like are Chinese who boast of their alleged superiority, openly look down on Thais etc. I've had Chinese-Thais tell me straight out how Thais are buffaloes and that is why the Chinese minority runs the country.

I disagree that Thai culture is "very much Chinese". Tell that to a farm boy or small town dweller. Bangkok culture is very Chinese.

My Mrs is very proud that she is 100% Thai. But her sister married a Chinese-Thai and her nieces and nephews are half Chinese. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries such half-and-halfs were called "Look Chin". Nowadays they are so common the term isn't even used any more.

Archived