Chinese skip Songkran???

drogon

Ckrisg: Think twice before making absurd comments

I lived as an expat in Africa, Asia, Europe, US, UK etc...and I love travels

I feel that as you are very "tolerant" -> you neither have your place anywhere (which is a bit paradoxal because someone has to be somewhere)

....and certainly not in LOS as this is not your country either.

LOS is not my country: This is the country of my missus -> and I bet you don't wish to hear some comments Thai people make about Chinese, Pakistanese or whatever tourists...

Thais are not = to PC like you

SatRai: I have some African (not American blacks) friends, plenty actually as I lived in Africa more than 10 years.

I also have one very good Indian friend.

One very good Pakistanese Muslim fundamentalist friend too (ok he is not fundamentalist enough to kill me as I am an unbeliever)

Don't have any Chinese friend though.

I also have some Spanish friends.

So as a matter of generalization, I don't like the Spanish, nor Indians, British, French, Middle estearn etc... should I go on?

I don't like tourists from many countries as a whole -> if you take the pain to be honest with yourself (or simply look at the numerous surveys conducted by tourist organizations).

You would realize there are some tourist nationalities/class etc...whom you don't like yourself and start with a negative bias towards them.

So the board has become PC?

I bet some board member would then prefer that I smile to them (I learned that very well in Asia) but then start saying how much they are fat, stupid etc...in their back

I don't care if you are black, pink, yellow -> all that matters to me is how you behave and how you think....and through the years -> there are tourists from many countries that I really don't wish to see...in general.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a open minded forum, If its not the Thais that are getting slagged (the country and people that we all love and some live in) its now the chinese. We have had a fair bashing of the middle east people, who's next? I would suggest the septics since they are easy targets.

Seig Heil seig Heil forever the Aaron race!

and Drogon you wonder why there less posts and members, if brains were dynamite you would have enough to blow your nose.

Exit stage right to find a site with something worth reading.

No luck zob65, I am not Caucasian...

So you dislike me for being honest (like the tourist organizations surveys reveal).

Is it easy generalization? Sure, like all of us do every day no matter where we are.

So keep your politically correctness preciously...

And next time you want to write about the nazi regime -> take the pain to write correctly (or open some good history books)

By the way: I am not PC on the forum if you didn't notice....

By yourself a brain and some education please

Note: I do wonder then what you would say about board members complaining about the US and Americans, or bashing the French, or the ones saying Saudis are middle age people, or Izraelis are..."nazis" etc....

As I said keep your PC for yourself

As I said keep your PC for yourself

So, PC-ness is something to be kept private and unobtrusive... But going out of your way to insult an entire group is something to be shared on public forums. Ok, I think I got it now.

In all fairness, I work in China and to my western sensibilities, they do have some of the most disgusting, stomach-churning habits imaginable.

So I am going to be PC (and apologize if I hurt some national sensibilities)

I dislike charter flights and mass tourism.

Thus no matter if you are French, Indian, Chinese, Korean etc...

I don't wish to stay in a hotel where many of these charter tourists from the same country stay.

The aim of this post wasn't to "flame" the Chinese as a whole nation (I am partly Chinese by the way) but in the same way the Brits, Americans, Belgians etc...have their "favorite charter destinations".

-> I don't wish to have BKK drowned with Chinese tourists, for the same reason I wouldn't wish the French, Nigerians, Izraelis or Russians to do it

"en masse".

Am I PC enough?

I just find it interesting that 'PC' has become such a pejorative term that being deliberately UN-PC is now something to be proud of. So much for the best-laid plans...

Anyway, as soon as someone starts to talk about the THE Amercans, THE Thais, THE Chinese, I know racism is showning its ugly head.

I know from my own experience that Chinese are rude and unfriendly in public spaces and reports from German hotels confirm their bad behaviour when traveling.

Luckily the Chinese student living in the apartment next to me is polite and quiet, like the Chinese living there before (who did Calligraphy and played Guqin, a Chinese Zither, on the balcony in summer - too bad that she moved).

Notice the PC brigade never show up in threads attacking Yanks, Brits, Krauts, Frogs etc but patronisingly start their hand-wringing whenever a non-white nationality is mentioned.

I'm sure the Chinese have the utmost respect for the wet white liberal PC brigade...

On a lighter note, some Thai Chinese girls are total babes and very friendly and polite too. Definite girlfriend material.

I go usually twice per week to the Chinese restaurant next door.

It has around 20 staff, the manageress is a Chinese lady, 25 years old, got her hospitality management diploma in China -> speaks decent English, very goo Spanish and is really beautiful both inside and outside,

could almost think about dating her....and she isn't waving a red flag either.

Funny enough, she and her staff don't like the new Chinese migrants as they consider them rude, uneducated etc...but they are patient and wait for them to adapt.

But of course I am a mixed Chinese-Korean-American blood racist (adopted by European parents) who has:

Two very good Indian friends, one Excellent blood brother Pakistanese fundamentalist friend, some Thais and Chinese-Thai truely close friends, one Chinese American friend, two good Japanese friends, plenty of EU citizens as friends/colleagues, some African friends from Congo/Rwanda/Kenya, one close South African friend etc.......

So I am definitely a big racist.

(when it is just a bias against group tours from varying nationalities which of course vary following the destination where I am going)

:banghead::cussing:

Reminds me of a Chinese immigrant to the US who was interviewed when the UK handed over Hong Kong to the PRC. The guy was actually gloating, making fun of Prince Charles's tears etc. Yet if you read the interview, you discovered the SOB had fled from the Communists and been given refuge in HK by the Brits, who made it possible for him eventually to come to the US. The guy deserved a swift kick in the butt.

As to PRC tourists to Thailand, hotels usually keep them separate. There will be a wing of the hotel where they can make as much noise as they want and be as rude to each other as they want. You almost won't know they are there - unless you encounter them in the lift and they shove you out to make room for their friends. :(

I was surprised to hear my students making fun of Chinese tourists. I told them, "But your family is Chinese." They glared back at me: "We are THAI-Chinese." Oh.

The sad part is, I am talking about Chinese here in America, some fresh off the boat, some born here, some are 3rd and 4th generation acting like they just got off the bot. Happens when you only associate in your own community because you think you are so damned superior...

Archived