Chinese skip Songkran???

drogon

Hi,

I think that the problem is that as soon as you mention anything negative about a non-white race, you are immediately branded a racist.

As someone mentioned, do the same for a white race, and nobody complains.

Definitely PC run wild.

BTW, how could Drogon have expressed his dislike for the way the Chinese behave he encounters on his holidays without being branded racist?

Maybe one of you people shouting racist could tell him so he can avoid problems next time.

Sanuk!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I presume you mean Chinatown, Sandy Frisco.

I only remember one Chinese-American in my high school class, a cute little gal everyone was crazy about. No black kids either and just a handful of Hispanics. Some stunning Lebanese gals and a sprinkling of Armenians. That was in the SF Valley in the 1960s. My old neighbourhood is mostly Hispanic now.

Hi,

I think that the problem is that as soon as you mention anything negative about a non-white race, you are immediately branded a racist.

Definitely PC run wild.

BTW, how could Drogon have expressed his dislike for the way the Chinese behave he encounters on his holidays without being branded racist?

Maybe one of you people shouting racist could tell him so he can avoid problems next time.

Sanuk!

It's sort of hard for him to avoid being branded a racist for criticising Asians, since after all he is ... uh sort of Asian.

:dunno:

I have been branded PC for disliking what Drogon posted, Jesus guys can't we have a view anymore, in an earlier post Drogon slagged of the British and I responded don't remember anyone screaming quite so loud then.

I've PM Drogon because I misjudged the intend of his post, but I also said it would be hijacked by the racists and it has.

I presume you mean Chinatown, Sandy Frisco.

I only remember one Chinese-American in my high school class, a cute little gal everyone was crazy about. No black kids either and just a handful of Hispanics. Some stunning Lebanese gals and a sprinkling of Armenians. That was in the SF Valley in the 1960s. My old neighbourhood is mostly Hispanic now.

I was the minority in my school! :) Never really a problem. Still am the minority in many departs at my work, some problems there.

Hi,

Definitely PC run wild.

Sanuk!

No idea how he could have expressed it...or expressed it any better, as I feel he is spot on.

I was a minority in junior hi. My classmates were mostly named Gonzalez, Saenz, Rodriguez, Ramirez, Garcia, Martinez, Trujillo etc. No hay problema ... we all got along well enough. Good thing we moved though, since mixed dating was a very big no-no down there. Violate the taboo and nobody from either community would talk to you.

Hi,

Definitely PC run wild.

Sanuk!

I don't know if you are talking about me, but two points:

Firstly, we have people from many Western countries here on the board who can protect themselves very well against racist remarks. Over the years we had a lot of discussions in regard to race and nationalism which often started with some stupid stereotypes and sometimes became very interesting and thoughtful discussions. I don't see this in regard to Chinese, in contrary...

Secondly, as I said it is pure racism is some is accusing a whole nation of people of doing wrong. There seems to be a difference when talking about nations who are not represented here on the board, because it seems that attracts and opinions on those nations/nationalities/ ethnic groups, or what every you call the people, are more slanderous and generalized.

When I remember right, China consists of many different ethnic groups, with different languages and habits.

So which Chinese do have these extremely bad and offending habits?

Archived