What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

12 minutes ago, bust said:

Just started on The Wire Season 1. So far so good.

I maybe in a minority here but I rate the Wire above the Sopranos.

Dont get me wrong I found the Sopranos top notch, but the me the Wire just about eclipses it   … it feels a little more believable 

Loop Track   2023  1h 34m

Hiking/Trekking/Tramping in the NZ bush? Watch this first.

Small budget but very good, watch the whole thing, don't give up before the end.

That being said, it may be an acquired taste, for those who like their movies in the Barbie vein.

My rating    image.png.e6ff25b000adc4051e9336af8d45a882.png          4 stars and a coconut

Ferrari [2023]

Set in the summer of 1957, with Enzo Ferrari's auto empire in crisis, the ex-racer turned entrepreneur pushes himself and his drivers to the edge as they launch into the Mille Miglia, a treacherous 1,000-mile race across Italy. This is impressive cinema set in Italy, beautiful scenery, fast cars, strong performances, the story-line stalls occasionally but the finish is worth it.

On 1/25/2024 at 5:50 PM, Mekong said:

I maybe in a minority here but I rate the Wire above the Sopranos.

Dont get me wrong I found the Sopranos top notch, but the me the Wire just about eclipses it   … it feels a little more believable 

On to Season 2 but finding it a bit allover the place. Hopefully will come together.

Starting The Wire is like building a puzzle without knowing what it's supposed to look like by the end. But as you go, you start to realize what you're making, and you get more and more excited to see the big picture. 

• 2 weeks later...

Butcher's Crossing [2023]

An Ivy League drop-out travels to the Colorado wilderness, where he joins a team of buffalo hunters on a journey that puts his life and sanity at risk. Based on the highly acclaimed novel by John Williams. This flawed American dream story, based on the massacre of the nation's buffaloes, succeeds with Cage giving a controlled performance. Good old school western.

• Like 1

Welcome To Wrexham [2022 TV Series]

Docuseries chronicling the purchase and stewardship of Wrexham AFC, one of professional football's oldest clubs, by two Hollywood actors, Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney. Two series now complete with a third in the making, this is one of the better football docuseries to be made, full of passion and laughs with some self-deprecating humor from the new to the scene owners thrown in.