What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

9 hours ago, bust said:

Just thought it worth mentioning, the doco is not about Blondie

I never said that is was

20 hours ago, Mekong said:

Not sure that I would TBH, checked the IMDB write up 

U2, Talking Heads, Depeche Mode, Blondie, Duran Duran, Tears for Fears, The Clash, The Cure

Blondie were mentioned in the IMDB write up. I chose Blondie as an example, you know a particular instance of something that is representative of a group, or an illustration of something that's been generally described, rather than go through each band individually.

6 hours ago, Stickman said:

I'm no fan of Russell Crowe. Seems to be an arrogant hot-head.

I did quite like Romper Stomper though. Remember that one, Coss? Caused a bit of a furore when it was released....imagined it would be even less well-received now.

Crowe is a knob. My ex actually worked in casting and after Romper Stomper cast him in The Some Of Us as the gay son. They laughed at her but she stood her ground. The rest is history.

Agree about it's place now in the world we live. What's that 4 letter word they use these days? I really liked Amerikan History X which I thought was a much better movie but again these days :dunno:

1 hour ago, Mekong said:

Blondie were mentioned in the IMDB write up. I chose Blondie as an example, you know a particular instance of something that is representative of a group, or an illustration of something that's been generally described, rather than go through each band individually.

Fair enough but as mentioned before it is much more about the bands and there music. Even features a grown up Burmese girl 😃

annnabella_bow_wow_wow1_.jpg

Immaculate [2024]

A woman of devout faith, is warmly welcomed to the picture-perfect Italian countryside where she is offered a new role at an illustrious convent. But it becomes clear that her new home harbors dark and horrifying secrets. Old school horror cliches saved with a solid lead who needs better scripts.

This Town [2024 TV Series]

An extended family and four young people are drawn into the world of ska and two-tone music, which exploded from the grass roots of Coventry and Birmingham in the late '70s and early '80s which united black, white and Asian youths. A lot of sub plots and goings on to follow in this edgy and exciting six part drama series with some excellent performances and soundtrack. No news on a second series coming but it deserves one.

6 hours ago, bust said:

Fair enough but as mentioned before it is much more about the bands and there music. Even features a grown up Burmese girl 😃

annnabella_bow_wow_wow1_.jpg

Ahh Annabelle Lwin aka Myant Myant aye, only half Burmese, her mother is English. Many a lad celebrated Palm Sunday with Annabelle 

I have found out now that what American called New Wave is not what  the UK did. In the UK new wave was and extension of late 70ls Punk until the early 80’s to be replaced by the smartly dressed Nancy boys with their coiffured hair know as the New Romantics.

America didn’t get the memo and caught on in the early 80’s and labeled every synth pop tune as new wave and not New Romantic, typical yanks late to the party and get it all wrong.

New Wave Music

15 hours ago, bust said:

The Last of the Mohicans cover raised a few eyebrows :hubbahubba:

But that summary pretty well sums it up. Doco goes into that.

Only in Prudish America, in Europe it didn’t bat an eyelid since it was based on a painting called   “Le Déjeuner sur l'herbe” (Luncheon by the Lake) by Edouard Manet.

But then again America goes batshit crazy when there is an accidental nipple flash during a half time superbowl show 

1 hour ago, Mekong said:

Only in Prudish America, in Europe it didn’t bat an eyelid since it was based on a painting called   “Le Déjeuner sur l'herbe” (Luncheon by the Lake) by Edouard Manet.

Didn't Scotland Yard launch an investigation? Given she was 14 years old at the time even these days it would be controversial.