What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Coss,

I think me more so than you, Manchester, England in the late 1970s, a city crumbling under industrial and economic stress, my home city mate, I lived it.

I wasn't starting up a pissing contest, just noting that the music in the movie was very much a part of my life at the time. You being closer to the action, you'd have had a better exposure.

American Hustle (2013) - set a few decades ago, this is quite good. In particular Jennifer Lawrence, whom I have disliked for her teen angst in the Hunger Games bullshit movies, is excellent. I've changed my mind, this girl can act. Also Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Bradley Cooper. Worth a watch.

Koh Tao Murder - Thai Police, their scapegoates and tourist trade - Exposed by Anonymous [720p] (2015) - certainly a more thorough examination of the media and other reports, around the Koh Tao murders and others, than we've assembled here in this board.

Production is deliberately amateurish, one assumes that the audio, for example, is sampled so as not to use the narrator/opinionist's real voice. The narrator wearing a wedding ring on his index finger, similarly, is assumed to be a red herring.

I, as others may know, am in agreement with the premise that the two Burmese boys are innocent. Viewing this video, from an objective stance, it is interesting that, the approach, could be seen to be one of "Conspiracy Theory".

Except I feel, that it's spot on and the premise that the two Burmese boys are innocent, is correct.

I note that multiple Thai Websites have been attacked in the wake of this.

Returning you to regular programming - http://t2.thai360.co...10#entry1438202

Lone Survivor (2013) - American soldiers, Taliban, shooting each other in the mountains, I won't spoil the ending, based on true story - Worth a watch.

The Revenant (2015) - 19th century Trappers, Soldiers, Indians - a big Bear - based on a true story - more worth a watch.

Given that I was confined to a hotel room for the weekend, hit Spectre, The Martian, and The Lobster back-to-back-to-back one day - Spectre as expected, same-old same-old. The Martian could have presented it's premise and its total dramatic trajectory in a 20-minute short-film, while the Lobster was a good one - unsettling for a 40-plus guy with no wife or family, funny, depressing, clever - ambiguous ending, which you don't find often these days... though by the end it had been stretched a bit too far, I still enjoyed this one and recommend it.