What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Also watched The Revenant this weekend - was not very impressed. Leo's alright (perhaps like certain demimondaines we may know, he does most of his work in this one while lying on his back, making faces and moaning as persuasively as he can...), but I didn't find much story to care about. Pretty pictures, beautiful countryside, but I'd recommend Black Robe or Dead Man for similar flicks on the same subject matter, period, locations.

Spotlight - big cast of some very good actors - Liev Schreiber, John Slattery, Mark Ruffalo, and perhaps most standout Michael Keeton, in a role better in my view than Birdman. Story of the pedophile priest scandal in Boston and newspaper coverage of same - script not much, kind of formulaic like All the President's Men or The Band Played On, but it's a decent story and everyone in it seems like their doing their best to make it interesting. Worth a watch if you're from Boston - although it's no Mystic River - or Catholic, or God forbid and pedophilic priest: judgment will come!

Charlie Countryman (2013) "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman" (original title)

Shia LaBeouf, Evan Rachel Wood, Mads Mikkelsen

Movies with Shia LaBeouf in them, tend to be fairly good IMHO. This Romance/Thriller is quite good.

The female lead, Evan Rachel Wood, breaks from the usual female attractiveness in a movie, by channeling that time, when Eastern European women are too young to have yet to developed the musculature and pectorals required for shot put. A good actress, but not my flavour.

That being said, Shia LaBeouf does a good job and Mads Mikkelsen is superb.

Well worth a watch.