Coming to Bangkok in June - First time

dave32

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave, you seem like a nice, fine young man. So let me say something to you, I wish someone had said to me long ago...that is, DON'T DO IT! A few trips to Thailand, and you will turn into something well...like the rest of us! Quit now while you still have some money, a future, self respect and a liver that works reasonably well.

If that fails, go to a Friday meeting at Bradman's, and take a good look at the crowd. The Drunken Ozzie setting himself on fire is Nervous Dog, the drunken old guy in the wheel chair with the oxygen bottle saying "I remember when" is Flashermac, The drunken guy slapping the shit out of a fat bald guy and yelling "Shut the fuck up about Si Saket Girl" is Mekong, the fat bald guy is me, and the really weird guy is Fiery Jack. The lone Dutch guy in the corner, the only sober one in the bunch muttering "Why did I EVER start this board?" Is Khun Sanuk.

You have been warned. That aside, welcome aboard.

To which I might add: now that you'll be able to get over to Pantip and get some cheapo dvd's, maybe you can resume your movie reviews? Always enjoyed them.

Also, OH forget to mention this: at Bradman's, don't open the closet door! There are a bunch of guys in there waiting to get out !!! :neener:

HH

... go to a Friday meeting at Bradman's, and take a good look at the crowd. The Drunken Ozzie setting himself on fire is Nervous Dog, the drunken old guy in the wheel chair with the oxygen bottle saying "I remember when" is Flashermac, The drunken guy slapping the shit out of a fat bald guy and yelling "Shut the fuck up about Si Saket Girl" is Mekong, the fat bald guy is me, and the really weird guy is Fiery Jack. The lone Dutch guy in the corner, the only sober one in the bunch muttering "Why did I EVER start this board?" Is Khun Sanuk.

Is this the "urban elite" that the Red Shirts are reported to be fighting?

... go to a Friday meeting at Bradman's' date=' and take a good look at the crowd. The Drunken Ozzie setting himself on fire is Nervous Dog, the drunken old guy in the wheel chair with the oxygen bottle saying "I remember when" is Flashermac, The drunken guy slapping the shit out of a fat bald guy and yelling "Shut the fuck up about Si Saket Girl" is Mekong, the fat bald guy is me, and the really weird guy is Fiery Jack. The lone Dutch guy in the corner, the only sober one in the bunch muttering "Why did I EVER start this board?" Is Khun Sanuk.

You have been warned. That aside, welcome aboard.[/quote']

No, we are the quality tourist that Thailand seeks. Well, we are the best they could get...well, we came when no one else would.

... go to a Friday meeting at Bradman's' date=' and take a good look at the crowd. The Drunken Ozzie setting himself on fire is Nervous Dog, the drunken old guy in the wheel chair with the oxygen bottle saying "I remember when" is Flashermac, The drunken guy slapping the shit out of a fat bald guy and yelling "Shut the fuck up about Si Saket Girl" is Mekong, the fat bald guy is me, and the really weird guy is Fiery Jack. The lone Dutch guy in the corner, the only sober one in the bunch muttering "Why did I EVER start this board?" Is Khun Sanuk.

You have been warned. That aside, welcome aboard.[/quote']

No, we are the quality tourist that Thailand seeks. Well, we are the best they could get...well, we came when no one else would.

Ah, the vivid authenticity of your description of the group mislead me. Also the refined eloquence in some postings ("idiot,fool, moron, fuck-off"! etc) reflects the sophisticated civility of a true urban elite.

Anyhow, quality guys like these (us) as tourist and expats are what Thailand really needs!

Dave, you seem like a nice, fine young man. So let me say something to you, I wish someone had said to me long ago...that is, DON'T DO IT! A few trips to Thailand, and you will turn into something well...like the rest of us! Quit now while you still have some money, a future, self respect and a liver that works reasonably well.

I long ago stopped making those things (except the self-respect part) high on my hierarchy of values sir. Que sirrah, sirrah... I'll take my chances. :)

If that fails, go to a Friday meeting at Bradman's, and take a good look at the crowd. The Drunken Ozzie setting himself on fire is Nervous Dog, the drunken old guy in the wheel chair with the oxygen bottle saying "I remember when" is Flashermac, The drunken guy slapping the shit out of a fat bald guy and yelling "Shut the fuck up about Si Saket Girl" is Mekong, the fat bald guy is me, and the really weird guy is Fiery Jack. The lone Dutch guy in the corner, the only sober one in the bunch muttering "Why did I EVER start this board?" Is Khun Sanuk.

Sounds like a wonderful thing.

Gracias~ :cover:

Archived