Coming to Bangkok in June - First time

dave32

June 10th through July 1st. Never been to Thailand.

I don't have any specific questions at this time - other than recommendations on where to stay?

Want to check out the what the city has to offer, and appreciated the thread on traveling alone on Sukhumvit. The trip won't be focused on the red-light areas but I certainly want to see them. Grateful for any input re: places to go, things to keep in mind.

Also considering a week in Pattaya.

Thx...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
June 10th through July 1st. Never been to Thailand.

I don't have any specific questions at this time - other than recommendations on where to stay?

Want to check out the what the city has to offer, and appreciated the thread on traveling alone on Sukhumvit. The trip won't be focused on the red-light areas but I certainly want to see them. Grateful for any input re: places to go, things to keep in mind.

Also considering a week in Pattaya.

Thx...

There is etiquette involved here.

A proper entry in the INTRODUCTION section of Thai360 is almost always usually required for a response.

Welcome Aboard !

Budget is roughly 4k (dollars) to last 19/20 days.

I'm not quite sure how to plan this out moneywise. How much I'll need for spending money per day, and I want to keep lodging reasonable without staying in a shanty. Clean room, internet access, and close proximity to the action is what I'm looking for - walking distance (?) - for the lowest rates. Or something like that.

Ps. Thx for responses. Left a quick entry in intro thread... etiquette was never my best character trait -- but working on it.

â??Which road do I take?" asked Alice

"Where do you want to go?" replied the cat

"I don't know," Alice answered.

"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter"

Anyone who quotes Lewis Carrol gets a :thumbup: from me, he surpased Newton in many respects.

Try the Friday meeting at Bradmans on Suk Soi 23, start a thread in the "Meetings" forum and a few BM's are sure to turn up, if you are lucky CTO and Troy wont be able to make it ... and never ask anyone to "save you a stool" (old inhouse joke)

Archived