How many working on Soi Cowboy

radioman

Then who else should we include: what about Stickman and his site. That site started as, and has been popular for explaining the wiles of Thai ladies and the nightlife: income from that down to nightlife? Of course it is: and many other publications etc.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

yes, i'm sure that stick, baron bonk, mekong kurt etc etc rake in at least 43% of thai gdp...each!

many posts on this most excellent thread once again show the ignorant arrogance of the average sexpat/sextourist...somehow seeing themselves as utterly crucial to the thai economy...

in fact, if you closed down sc, np and pp tomorrow (and let's throw in soi 33, soi thaniya etc for good measure), it would have zero impact on even the bangkok economy. (closing all the bars in pattaya likely would hurt the local economy but wouldn't cause as much as a blip on the overall thai numbers).

in fact, closing these areas down would be an economic boon as the denizens might need to find real jobs...add value to the economy...pay taxes...yadayadayada

IF, and this is a big IF indeed, "nightlife" generates 2% of gdp, it's mostly thanx to local nighlife activities...the farang-oriented variety won't add up to anywhere near 0.2%...

btw, i've heard that nok stopped working at sc, so the number's down to 648 now (636 of whom are semi-literate splay-toed single moms, but that's a different story...)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a bar girl supports in average 100 thai people?

what complete bullshit!

for most of the legions of BG i have talked to their support does not go beyond their kids, parents, some Pheenong's and Maengdaa's; average less than 10 people!

if she has a sponsor/BF who shows up in the village, the expectations may dramtically change! :neener:

Archived