You think your vote counted in U.S. Pres. election?

allistar

U.S. government officials announced today that 1/4 to 1/3 of overseas ballots mailed out were not counted. This would include those that live abroad and those in the armed forces that are overseas. I can't wait to see how the census is screwed up in 2010.

I seem to recall hearing that they do not count absentee ballots as a matter of course, only if they can make a difference. Example: if candidate A leads candidate B by 5,000 votes, and there are 3,000 absentee ballots, they are not counted because there is no way they could make a difference in the outcome.

No link or anything; just something I remember reading some time ago. And it may be state specific? :dunno:

Cheers,

SD

In the old days, as I recall, it was $10.00 for each dead person you voted for. See, it takes times to take the dead people off the voting lists. So the names are still there. The 'good' politician keeps track of obituaries and whose dead name is still on voting lists. Supporters were given $10.00 to go from precinct to precinct to vote for all the dead people.

I'm sure such shenanigans don't occur today.

Archived