You think your vote counted in U.S. Pres. election?

allistar

The good people of FL had their votes stolen. And nobody gave a damn.

Cheers,

SD

Plenty of folks had their votes stolen - by both parties. It was just in Florida that it made a difference.

As I recall, some counties in Florida were trying to reject the military absentee vote, since they figured it would tend to be more Republican.

I have a friend who grew up in an heavily Irish-American part of Pennsylvania. His father was deeply involved in Democratic politics. He told me he came home from work one election day and said he'd better go vote before the polls closed. His father said, "Sit down. You've already voted."

My own father was an election official after he retired. He kept his precinct honest, but told me he wasn't so sure about some of the others.

I've read that election officials pray for a landslide. A close election exposes the problems in the voting process.

2000 just exposed what was already known. Also, the manner one votes is not uniform across the country. Some systems are much better than others.

There will ALWAYS be a discrepency and there will ALWAYS be votes that didn't get counted. 99% of the time it won't make a difference. Principle is another matter entirely.

Military votes are counted arbitrarily depending on the state and county. One could be on the same carrier with another person and 'vote' on board at the same exact time and in the same manner and being from two different states one person's vote will be counted and another's won't. Sometimes due to different rules. Some states or counties is when it was post marked or approved by senior officer that its valid or whatever.

In presidential elections each state determines the means and manner in which their citizens vote and within a state sometimes by county with different counties using different means. The only uniformity constitutionally is that all states accept votes on the same day.

Fraud is harder now than it was in previous decades. Back then there was a lot of hand counting of ballots and in some cities and rural areas it was tightly controlled by one person or a few people.

The biggest scandal right now is in Minnesota. The votes were counted and the Republican won. An automatic recount and the Republican still won. But the Dems kept at it, demanding recounts under different rules until the Democrat finally pulled ahead. Now the Dems are insisting that's it and Franken must be seated as senator. The only honest solution is a new election. That's not going to happen!

Census numbers are a joke. They could give us a number, the same people could do another count and be way off from the first number.

Anyway, I found this link. It's from a tv station but the story is from the AP.

Link

The article does not say the votes were not counted. The article talks about the difficulty in getting a legal absentee ballot in. The main data point being how many absentee ballots were requested versus how many legal ones were received back. That is not the same as not counting a ballot.

Typical journalism in this day and age. :(

TH

Archived