Wearing a Surgical Mask When Flying

MooNoi

How many people on the board travelling now or in the next few weeks will consider this while this "swine flu" thing is about??

I went and got my flu shot today, and the GP told me that it might be an idea to wear a mask on the flight I'm taking to Vietnam on Sunday. I was quite surprised by this, and I don't intend to do so.

Personally, I believe this swine flu thing to be a large media beat-up.... it's a "cold".

How many people in the world have regular influenza right now, and how many people die from regular flu in the world each day?

Just an excuse to sell more papers IMO.

They're even talking about banning major sporting events here in Australia until it dies down!

And any kids from my state (NSW) who are coming back from the state of Victoria have to take a compulsory week off school when they get back.

This is getting silly!! :susel:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't wear one because I have no money left to buy one, bought too many condoms.

Far more 'chances' to catch the regular flu (which kills far more people every year than the swine one)

and if I feel I am starting a flu then I will go for a test.

on the flight into Japan 3 weeks ago, a Japanese "health team" boarde the plane in NRT, covered in paper gowns with all sorts of equipment and questions...after they left the plane, they ran through the terminal, amongst the populous, to get to another flight...now, had these guys been exposed to anything, wouldn't it be on their garb? and wouldn't any and all they came in contact with be at risk? All seemed like bullshit to me and others...oh and the media was there to get it all on tape/the news...a whole lot of nothing it seems.

Archived