Wearing a Surgical Mask When Flying

MooNoi

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on my last flight (within Asia) i didnt care about swine flu, after all we hardly have this here in Asia, didnt wear a mask.

turned out this was a code sharing flight with Air Canada (or Canadian Airlines, whatever) and they did a stop in HK to let lots of sneezing, coughing very suspicious looking North Americans on board. Scary!

At least HK airport has a pharmacy (gate 60)

Typical surgical masks are worthless when it comes to preventing the flu. I have no idea why any doctor would recommend wearing one.

The type that would actually work are not available from the local pharmacy.

It keeps other paxs away. :devil:

Of course anyone non asian wearing a mask on a plane, or anywhere else for that matter, is going to look like a complete dickhead.

Why limit it to non-asians?

When I flew to Bangkok from Taipei a couple of weeks ago, the entire cabin crew of the EVA flight I was on was wearing surgical masks. I thought it was silly and felt somewhat insulted.

:evil: :cussing:

Oddly enough the flight crew from USA to Taipei (also EVA air) did NOT wear surgical masks.

-=/NN

One reason Japanese wear masks is when sick to prevent their germs from spreading to others, not the other way around. It looks silly but hey, they are being considerate.

Yep, that's the difference between the Japanese and ALL other countries. Japanese wear masks when sick, while all other wear masks not become sick, while the sick don't wear masks.

:deal:

Archived