The White House Fires a Watchdog

Weird

Now that guy should've run for Prez ! Of course, the libs wouldn't have voted for him. He preaches individual responsibility.

HH

Individual responsibility is anathema to conservatives, you should know that by now. You are "pack mentality", sheep like, mindless followers. Liberals totally adhere to individual responsibility. It is, if you will, our doctrine. You don't. Such fanciful notions as religion (evangelical christianity) and neo-conservatism demonstrate quite clearly that your bunch of hypocrites like to hang out in groups. It makes you feel justified.

It's clear you've failed to read and/or learn, despite a veritable myriad of posts addressed to you and your ilk. Further proof, as if any were needed, that your kind will be consigned to the anaerobic end of the gene pool.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, yes HH & Weird, I do know it is unheard of to fire someone for incompetence in your BushCo world (e.g. see: "heckuva job Brownie")...but in the real world it happens all the time :dunno: .

Yes, that is change I can believe in, not a conspiracy.

Cheers,

SD

No need to start making generalizations about me :) I have no qualms with people being fired for incompetence, there are many people I know that "should" be unemployed or working at McDonalds. My posts were specifically related to the articles that were linked and what I percieved from my limited exposure to Mr. Walpin. I will stick to the facts as they are posted, I hope you will too ;) I even skipped the link from Fox to keep the crowd appeased :)

Faust...bullshit is paid for by the pound; not by the word. My guess is that (either way) you should be a very, very rich dude, as there seem to be a number of ignorant buyers here.

HH

Playing to the audience? Nice touch.

The facts are easily verifiable. I've posted numerous articles on the conservative personality type over the last 2 years. All scientific. If you had read them, then you'd no longer be the way you are, unless of course you are hampered by a poorly functioning brain, in which case you'd not understand any of it. However, I regard you as someone who is possessed with a least a modicum of intelligence. Did I get that wrong?

So, only one other possibility exists. You avoided reading such research. Why would someone of reasonable intellectual functioning avoid reading materials that could change his/her life? Further their understanding? Benefit themselves?

I refer to my previous post for the answer (hint; anaerobic end of the gene pool).

Ignorance isn't bliss. It condemns you to repeat the same mistakes, over and over again. You are apparently living proof of this.

Ahh yes, whilst the GOPers haver their fainting towels ready and are clutching their pearls to their chests, their swooning is misplaced (big surprise eh?). The Gerland Walpin "controversy" doesn't stand up well to scrutiny.

[color:purple]Just as salient as the accusations against Johnson, however, are those brought by (US Attorney for NoCal Lawrence) Brown against Walpin. A Republican named as the acting U.S. attorney by Bush, Brown filed a sharply worded complaint against Walpin with the oversight office for the federal inspectors general that charged him with ethical violations in an overzealous assault on Johnson and St. Hope. The U.S. attorney said that Walpin had "overstepped his authority by electing to provide my office with selective information and withholding other potentially significant information at the expense of determining the truth" -- in other words, Walpin had failed to provide substantive exculpatory facts to the U.S. attorney, while trying to push the government into opening a criminal probe of Johnson. During the election season in Sacramento, Brown noted that Walpin had sought publicity for his findings against Johnson in the local media before discussing them with the U.S. Attorney's Office, "hindering our investigation and handling of this matter."

Here the parallels with the early history of Whitewater seem nearly perfect. Brown's levelheaded handling of Walpin's exaggerated charges against Johnson are much like the dismissal of the original Whitewater complaints by Charles Banks, the U.S. attorney in Little Rock, Ark., and an honest Republican who refused to gin up a phony indictment of the Clintons before the 1992 election (and lost his job as a result). And Walpin's excessive zeal and lust for publicity bear a startling resemblance to the antics of L. Jean Lewis, the Resolution Trust Corp. official who concocted a series of implausible theories implicating the Clintons in the looting of an Arkansas savings and loan.[/color]

More at the link.

Cheers,

SD

Even in your own link, buy this obvious left swinging commenter.

"It is true that Walpin found evidence of misuse and waste of Americorps funds by St. Hope Academy, a nonprofit community group started by Johnson after he retired from the NBA. It is true that Johnson and St. Hope have acknowledged that they must refund roughly half of the money that the group received from Washington."

Now are you argueing that he is incompetent or that he is competent enough to overstep his boundries and zealously attack Johnson? :)

The hero of the right... :doah:

Media trumpet Walpin claims without noting acting U.S. attorney's allegations

June 18, 2009 3:11 pm ET

SUMMARY: In reporting on Gerald Walpin's removal as inspector general and hosting Walpin to discuss his claims, Fox & Friends, Glenn Beck, and Laura Ingraham did not note a U.S. attorney's allegations against Walpin.

Since President Obama suspended Gerald Walpin from the office of inspector general at the Corporation for National and Community Service, Fox News' Glenn Beck, Gretchen Carlson, Steve Doocy, and Brian Kilmeade, and radio host Laura Ingraham have repeatedly reported on Walpin's removal without noting allegations issued by acting U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of California Lawrence Brown in an April 29 letter that Walpin and his staff "did not include" or "disclose" relevant information regarding the case to Brown's office; that Walpin repeatedly discussed the case in the press after being advised "under no circumstance was he to communicate with the media about a matter under investigation"; and that Walpin's "actions were hindering our investigation and handling of this matter."

[...]

Media Matters

Meeting with fired IG called 'painful'

By: Josh Gerstein

June 19, 2009 12:19 AM EST

An insider is adding some detail to the eye-catching but vague allegations the White House leveled this week at the national-service agency watchdog President Barack Obama has decided to fire, Gerald Walpin.

In a letter to lawmakers on Tuesday, White House ethics counsel Norm Eisen said Obamaâ??s action was based in part on Walpin being â??confused, disoriented [and] unable to answer questionsâ? at a May 20 meeting of the board of the Corporation for National and Community Service.

â??It was a very emotionally draining meeting for me and the rest of the board members,â? a panel member told POLITICO Wednesday. â??There were several periods of time where there were one- to two-minute pauses where he clearly was confused and was not able to respond to questions and was just going through his notesâ?¦..It was painful.â?Â

[...]

Politico

:help:

Archived