Server Upgrade & downtime

jigger

Hey all,

I will be moving the thai360.com site to a new, more powerful server this weekend (19June-20June). If all goes well, this will mean only about 20m or so of downtime.

So, should you find the board down, rest assured it will be back soon!

cheers,

Jigger (the behind the scenes sysadmin)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The move is completed; with any luck there should be no user-visible changes.

The board software is now V3.0Final. The underlying OS has changed from FreeBSD to Debian (I recently resolved to change all my servers over to Debian), and it all runs on a more powerful server (Dell PE2650 4-core). Note that there is a new IP address, and it will take a day or so to completely propagate through the Internet. If you end up at the old site, you'll be redirected to the new site automatically.

Thanks for the hard work........but.....nobody else seems to be having problems so it may just be me. My comp configuration has not changed since before the server change and now so I am confused.

I am unable to see pics in the Not Bored thread in the sponsor section. Other threads I can. Load times seem a bit longer but that always seems to happen and a day or two it usually works itself out. When I move my arrow over the control buttons, i.e., reply, edit, they disappear until I move off from it. That is what I've noticed so far.

I am officially going on record as saying I don't like the new server. Since the move I've had problems I have not had in the past so it has to be the changeover.

In addition to the problems I mentioned in an above post (which are still present) Thai script no longer loads properly. This is copied and pasted from SD's info posted under his pic (฿รึ๿฿฿๿อ...) The worst part is the load times of individual threads. The main forum board and regular forums are sluggish but manageable. Loading in about 5-10 seconds. The execution time at the bottom shows it is quick at well under a second but the load times for individual threads is 2 and 3 minutes. Makes the board just about unusable.

I know this happens sometimes with upgrades but I don't see many others mentioning any problems. I've made no changes to my computer so I don't know what the problem is. I loaded FF and tried that and that didn't help either.

Hope it clears up soon. No fun sitting in front of a computer waiting 120-180 seconds for a page to load.

Archived