Server Upgrade & downtime

jigger

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Not really sure what the problem is with Thai as it does work I think.

Let's see: ภถ/ดหดก่สฟหดก

Sanuk!

Hi,

Yep, chars show exactly as I entered them. It could be that we are using a different charset than the old server though, which could then mean that the old chars are not being represented correctly.

Maybe SD could try entering the text again and see if it is okay then.

Sanuk!

I have looked around carefully to see any consistent issues on the new server, and can find none so far. I tested page loads carefully from a variety of perspectives, and they're the same or better than the old machine. The Mysql database, upon which our board software is extremely dependent, is tuned with the same parameters. So, sorry Troy, I can't seem to find the source of your issues.

I did some more work on the racks last night, including rebooting the firewall (which can sometimes cause wierd errors).

Maybe the problem will have cleared up by now?

Anyone else seeing page-load delays?

Other than the Thai script in people's personal profiles, all other problems seem to be solved. I can see the pics in the Bored/Not Bored threads, load times have GREATLY improved and the disappearing button problem is gone. Seems things are pretty much back to normal. Thanks for the hard work, gentlemen!! :)

Archived