3 dead farangs in 3 days

cheekyboy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talking with an embassy worker, they tell me appx. 300 Brits and 200 Americans die each year in Thailand.

I find that a bit hard to believe. On average, that's around 1.5 per day. I don't see that many news stories either on tv or in the paper about them. And that's not counting Aussies, Germans and all the other folks that come here. Numbers seem inflated to me at first glance.

Since when is it news? I knew a guy who supposedly took a running jump off of his balcony in Sukhumwit. Not a word about it in the English language papers. I looked for it in the Thai papers, but didn't find anything either.

There's a Thai police website that has photos of unidentified Farang cadavers. Mr Google should find it for you. Just unclaimed unkowns. Doesn't anyone miss them and ask about them?

:(

When a lady can lay undisturbed in her flat for 5 years in the UK, in a built up area with neighbours etc all about her (see the UK news last week)....it's hardly surprising some folks aren't missed here.

Very sad. I hope someone misses me!

I think if you were to take a population with the same demographics as foreigners in Pattaya (or even Thailand in general) I bet you would find a similar death rate due to natural causes, suicides, and even murder. As others have said, if you put that with the alcohol and drugs many do, it probably it not real noteworthy, but they have to sell newspapers, and having a headline that says “3 dead in 3 days†is one way to do so. Who cares if they make no attempt to put it in proper background?

TH

Archived