Caribou Barbie implodes!

So Sarah Palin resigned today. Very strange IMHO. And not just the speech saying the equivalent that *staying* governor was being a "quitter" where she looks very harried (just look at her facial expressions, the speed of the speech, the deep inhales between sentences, etc.). Wacked even for her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACKm0AwStA8

[color:purple]I do not believe for a moment that this is about taking time off to prepare for 2012. Nothing I know about Sarah Palin leads me to believe that she would give up power voluntarily, let alone for something that is such a long shot, and in such a transparently self-destructive way.

I think that there's something we don't know about: either a serious health problem or a serious scandal.[/color] I'll go scandal cuz IMHO you don't do a surprise announcement of your resignation on a Friday afternoon before the start of a holiday weekend unless you're trying to get out of Dodge as fast as possible.

[color:purple]In either case, it would, I think, have to be a really big deal to make her react in this way. She has shown herself to be more than capable of brushing off smaller scandals, national embarrassment, and a whole host of other things. She did not step down from the governorship when she gave birth to a handicapped child, nor when she was asked to be McCain's running-mate. She did not decline McCain's offer because of the potential embarrassment, either to her or her family, of her daughter being unmarried and pregnant.

I await further news with fascination. I'm also taking bets on who the next imploding Republican Presidential hopeful will be. [/color]55555555555555555555

But I'm sure there are multiple book deals & talk show hosting gigs in her future. A wingnut martyr!

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chai......wingnut indeed. She can't seriously be considering a run in 2012. This will be fun to watch play out.

Even many GOPers seem to distance themselves from her. Now her biography will come to haunt her. Neither wasn't she able to finish one school (was it 4 or 5 schools she attended?) nor is she able to stay governor for at least one term. She seems to be quitter - Alaska is doing not well, but what about CA and other states which are already or almost bankrupt? SP is just a fair weather politician who can't stand the heat. Who wants a women like her running a country in times of crisis?

On a positive side, maybe she just realized, everything above being a mayor of small town is well beyond capabilities

I also found the timing and haste most interesting...something is afoot. Maybe someone made her an offer she couldn't refuse?

Regardless, I hope she crawls back under the redneck trailer park rock from whence she came. A more useless, power hungry, incompetent, dishonest, conniving, two faced ratbag would be hard to find, although maybe not...there are plenty of republican wannabes....

They just seem to have this unnerving ability to be mired in scandal of late...

Good riddance sarahcuda 555555

Lets hope she does run, it will be the easiest presidential victory in history for the democrats. I suspect she's done though. I really hope so. Such idiocy shouldn't be allowed within several million light years of a position of power and responsibility.

Laters dipshit.

Archived