Bangkok to Las Vegas and back..

Faustian

PS. Of course the TG nonstop to LA is fastest, if you don't mind the long flight and possibly having to pay more for it.

Actually, I think you'll find that the EVA fares to LAX are cheaper than to SFO. Plus, there are a LOT more connecting flights between LAX and LAS than out of SFO. Of course, $$$ are no prob for the RM, so flying 1st Class non-stop on Thai will remove the long flight discomfort. :stirthepo

HH

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might also check package deals (Air, hotel, car) on Orbitz, expedia, travelocity, etc. They usually have some good deals esp. if you are not just staying for a weekend.

Book early as Vegas rooms can get sold out (don't know about current recession situation) esp near the holidays (Vets holiday and Thanksgiving occur in November)

Thanks for all the replies. Even you HH!

It will be towards the end of November, so I'll hopefully avoid the grease-monkeys getting all hot under the collar about car parts...

No idea on duration of stay, as work may curtail my time and enjoyment, but it certainly sounds like I'll need a week! I looked at the fastest ways over and the minimum looks like 20 hours plus...

Nice.

Airline wise, how is United these days? Cathay Pacific any good? Eva? I've flown with most of them but not for a long time. Any recommendations?

Stopovers also. Looks like Tokyo is an option, or Osaka. Seoul is also a possible. Regardless I'll have to change in LAX or SFO. I quite like SFO airport, but not a big fan of LAX. Duration of stopover seems to vary a lot. I will try for the direct (to LAX) flight on Thai I think. Failing that I will try to add in a fun stopover, someplace I've not been to before.

It certainly looks like a horrendous trip.

Cattle class seems to run to a min. 2000 Dollars, but I will try for a business class seat instead....fingers crossed!

HH, flown first class before, but a waste of money in my opinion. I still didn't sleep. Just so you know. I know how fascinated you are by me...it's touching, really...your RM.

I'd skip the flying to LAS altogether. Just get to LAX and rent a car. Vegas is about 300 miles / 6 hour drive with stops.

SW to LAS means term 1 at LAX , security is always backed up to term 2. Fuck that !!

I'd also spend the " least " amount of time allowable in Vegas. Unless the OP's agenda is attending a wedding and then giving away all his money.

Here's my :twocents:

Drive vegas , stay 3 days ( 2 if possible )

Head for the GC / stay 2 days

Go to Palm Springs , stay 1 day

Go to San Diego ( area ), stay 2 days.

Delete PS if $$ becomes an issue , SD to LAX 2 hr drive. There's just a week's stay and get alot in during that time.

If the OP is a golfer , he's fucked , better plan to stay a month... ;)

Bada :beer: Bing

if you take United they have flights LAX-LAS in the same terminal you land at ,

Getting a car is good if you are getting one in Vegas anyway , but at the wrong time of day it will take an extra hour or 2 in traffic just to get out of the LA area,

its a pretty boring drive unless you like open spaces and brown landscape !

Thanksgiving is November 26th , Thursday thru Sunday is a work holiday (factories , government workers etc) but all the stores will be open except Thursday,

Its all pretty easy , you just need to figure out where you would like to go,

BK

Archived