New Windows 7

Hamokhamok

cavanami,

have you tried installing XP on a second partition after Vista was already installed?

Reason I'm asking is from my experience XP keeps the boot entries from previous Windows OS, but not sure if it does so for newer Windows OS (and for sure fucks up linux boot entries). Might be a surprise if Vista would not be selectable after XP is installed.

I know for sure when XP is already installed and one tries to install Win98 on a serarate partition then Win98 fucks up the XP boot entry.

Yeah, I know, that has been some years ago.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a PC with 98, NT, 2000 and XP all installed and all working OK.

Each OS is OK and has not messed with the other OS.

This PC has been in operation like this for several years and no problems.

Cavanami,

then try to install Windows98 on a computer that has XP already installed. Of course there is no problem when you have Win98 and install XP afterwards.

and it actually wasn't the question. Did you ever install XP on a computer that has Vista installed and still have both OS offered to boot from?

I have a PC with 98' date=' NT, 2000 and XP all installed and all working OK.[/quote']

Why? :dunno:

You can never have enough Windows OS' on your PC. With some luck one of them is working almost most perfectly.

;)

This post was written on an iMac with the latest OS, which now includes Anti-Virus software for the first time in Apple history - an Anti-Virus software against *two* existing Apple viruses, but actually I have never heard about an Apple user who caught malware.

:cover:

I have a PC with 98' date=' NT, 2000 and XP all installed and all working OK.[/quote']

Why? :dunno:

My typo,not 98 but 95.

I need 95 as the software that is used for the PCIMCIA burner that I use will only ork on Windows 95.

NT: I have systems running under NT, so I do the changes with that OS.

2000: same reason as NT.

XP: I use with MS Office.

They all work on the same PC and play nice.

I have a PC with 98' date=' NT, 2000 and XP all installed and all working OK.

Each OS is OK and has not messed with the other OS.

This PC has been in operation like this for several years and no problems.[/quote']

Cavanami,

then try to install Windows98 on a computer that has XP already installed. Of course there is no problem when you have Win98 and install XP afterwards.

and it actually wasn't the question. Did you ever install XP on a computer that has Vista installed and still have both OS offered to boot from?

No, I haven't done anything with Vista, other then to avoid it, after seeing the hassles of getting it to work (when it first came out) with printers, wireless, etc.

Archived