Swine Flu

Hamokhamok

Whats the mood of the people about the swine flu.

I've read where schools have been shut down for two weeks to clean them up.

Some talk in the papers re closing down places where groups of people congregate.

Whats the story from those who are on holidays there now or who live there.

I'm planning a trip (flight tickets bought) for the middle of August (three weeks holiday) and was wondering what the state of play was now.

Will be visiting Hua Hin and Bangkok.

Your views would be appreciated.

I'm sure others are thinking along the same lines as myself.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: SWINE FLU IS NOT GOING TO KILL YOU

When we people understand that swine flu is not a killer.

Everyone who has died has died of an existing ailment. Because it is a new strain of influenza the body has no immunity to it which is what causes the complication.

If you are of good health you have nothing to worry about. If you do have another ailment that you are concerned about maybe get some Tami-flu or something similar.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: SWINE FLU IS NOT GOING TO KILL YOU

When we people understand that swine flu is not a killer.

Everyone who has died has died of an existing ailment. Because it is a new strain of influenza the body has no immunity to it which is what causes the complication.

If you are of good health you have nothing to worry about. If you do have another ailment that you are concerned about maybe get some Tami-flu or something similar.

you are wrong,well at least maybe about the situation in your part of the world.

in the UK we are told that up to 60,000 will die over the winter from the infection.

people are running scared because they believe that what the Gov. says must be true.

and i also believe them because my Gov. would surely never bend the truth?.

i was at my doctors on friday and the panic had began to set in.

my appointment for a simple repeat prescription

was delayed by 3 hours because she was put on the phone-call desk because so many people with a runny nose are ringing up and asking if they will die.........MORONS.

flu is flu and it kills many people every year but normally young and old and normally with other health problems.

this scaremongering is really pissing me off considering i work in the health field and i like to think(after talking to experts in their field)that i know a litle more about the situaton than some piss-ant bloke in the street who believe's chinese whispers.........

You read The Guardian don't you :nono:

Most of the people that have died had underlying health issues. Only a few "healthy" people have died, but out of the 10,000 infected in the UK, only 1 "healthy" person has died, which is probably as a result of either a secondary infection or an over response of the immune system. The rest of the deaths in the UK have been with people who had respitory diseases, epilepsy etc and were "at risk" of normal flu too.

It is the same everywhere.

I had a flu about two weeks ago, and a milder more benign flu I've never had before.

I can't help but think it was swine flu. Because normal flu make me quite unwell.

This milder version had symptoms like the flu, but my feeling of un-wellness was about 1 on a scale of 10 where 10 is near death and 1 is feeling chipper.

Coss

I've just had what I thought was a bad summer cold. But according to the 'experts' symptoms of swine flu can vary so much that where as some people may die some people may have what they think is only a bad cold. So its quite plausible I may have had it? The government is quoting various figures for projected deaths but the bottom line is that they just don't know at the moment. I've seen projections anything from the normal seasonal flu death toll of around 3,000 up to a possible 65,000. One prominent virologist said that even thought swine flu can go deeper into the lungs than seasonal flu it is no where near as deep as say Spanish flu that killed so many people in the winter of 1918/1919.

Simie.

Archived