Swine Flu

Hamokhamok

Make sure 'em ribs are well done and to send me an invite!

Anyway, the boss of the comedy group had the following to comment about the school closing:

Boss: Very good idea to close the schools, maybe it is better if they close them untill the flu is over in 3 or 4 months from now.

Farang wiseguy: They should close the shopping malls, not the schools.

Boss: Heuuiii stupid farang, people need to shop!

Farang wiseguy: Children need to learn ....

Boss: They can wait a year, no problem. But people need to shop. You stupid farang do not understand .......

Unfortunately I am afraid most Thais think along these lines ....

I read and any cursory look at the media will agree, something in the order of 90-95% of all flu this year in places like Australia, Chile and UK are the H1N1 variety.

It's what happens IF, and it's a big IF, the virus mutates to something more harmful that's got people worried.

More likely from an evolutionary perspective, it'll mutate to be more benign, it is in the organism's best interests to not kill the host.

And with our modern knowledge of containment and antibiotics (for things like pneumonia which do the actual killing) we can and are successfully sitting on the more harmful iterations.

But what do I know, I don't work for a media organisation.

Cheers

Coss

I had it and it wasn't any worse than any other flu I contracted over the years.

Other than regular flu like symptoms, the worst part was the test that confirmed it's presence...

A thin stick up into my nasal cavity to get a sample. :cussing:

Archived