The Crack's in China's Foundation

SurinBum

China has been lying about its GNP. The GNP was tracking with electric power demand. Then the worldwide recession hit and China's electric demand stagnated. However China keeps reporting big GNP growth!

The TAT has reported a 40% drop in Chinese tourists. How can this be if China's GNP is growing? I could see tourist numbers flattening due to slower growth, but a huge drop indicates a big decrease in incomes.

One of the current phenomena I think driving the "recovery" in manufacturing is simply natural replenishment of stock. Inventories were very high, many companies put new products on hold, in order to clear inventories. They slowly cleared...now we enter new product cycles and demand appears to go up, but it seems the rise in manufacturing and demand is still weak and I'm not sure if demand is sustainable. Unemployment is still rocketing upwards, sure the rate is slowing, but it was always going to.

I read that the USA economic shrinkage slowed to a mere 1% last quarter and growth is predicted soon.

So this article predicts the demise of China's economy soon, with global demand seemingly returning and signs of recovery all about. Things that would in fact suggest China will be just fine. This author obviously knows things others can't predict.

Who to believe these days? I will never forget all the "experts" before and during the crash minimising and out and out lying, trying to pull a fast one...here we have another telling us something. Bored with this shit.

Well, isn't China's economy very much dependent on the U.S. Economy?

Dependent perhaps. Only because they own it - lock, stock, and barrell. Quite contradictory, yes? Completely underwrite and maintain the defacto American economy just on the basis of mindless consumption so as they don't fail....

Archived