Strangest way you've been sacked?

Redbaron

What's the strangest/wierdest/funniest way you've lost your job?

Shagging the cleaner George Costanza style?

Turning up drunk 3 too many times?

and how did you make your exit? Gracefully? Head hung low? or did you go down in flames?

stay tuned...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time I worked Staff was 20 years ago, working in Korea and taking R'n'R in Thailand. When the Korean project finished I couldn't face the fact of returning to UK so I flew to Thailand and headed down to Pattaya.

Spent 2 pleasent months living off the corporate AMEX card until the office started to recieve the bills, from the bills they knew which hotel I was staying in and sent me a FAX informing me the AMEX card had been cancelled and I had been terminated.

Been based in Thailand and worked contracting all over the world ever since, best move I ever made.

I had a boss who'd shout "Go Home - GO HOME NOW"

One day I did - next day by about 10.30am his wife is calling saying it's all a mistake - I don't go back - finally the boss call's "Yahni - come to work now"

I ask if I am working again

He says yes.

Next day I go to work - first thing walk into the head accountant's office beside the bosses, good mate of mine.

"Where is my severance with out notice pay?"

"But Yahni - your back" he says.

"Yes - re hired after being sacked - so where is my severance pay - holiday pay not taken etc?"

He is in fear - no worry I yell into the bosses room "Hey boss - yesterday you sack me yes?" YESSS "Then you call and I come back yes?"

YESSSSS

Then tell Spiro.

"SPIRO HIRE YAHNI AGAIN"

Spiro laughs - prepares the severance pay - re hires me - and makes me buy lunch.

This happened to someone that I worked with:

Bob was the DP Director and Dale was the DP Manager. Bob's boss went to Dale, told him that Bob was leaving and asked if he wanted the job. Dale said yes. Since they were somewhat good friends Dale went to see Bob and told him that he hoped the shift in jobs was not going to cause trouble between them. That is how Bob learned that he was being fired.

Archived