What would you do?

Faustian

Were I live, everybody has a wall around their property. Nothing new.

We put the walls up to keep people out. It works.

Not if they really want to get in.

Remember, you described pretty much a fortress to be in when the zombies attack and the world ends. But if there were people like me running around and really wanted to.......

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Were I live' date=' everybody has a wall around their property. Nothing new.

We put the walls up to keep people out. It works.[/quote']

Not if they really want to get in.

Remember, you described pretty much a fortress to be in when the zombies attack and the world ends. But if there were people like me running around and really wanted to.......

I guess it would be fun watching somebody come over the wall. The last time somebosy tried coming over the wall, they left behind their Smith & Wesson knife. I kept it.

Getting over the wall is no big deal but dodging the catus can be a big deal. If you come from the back, you will find another wall. That wall has some of these nasty bushes planted that have real nasty thorns. Then you have to get thru the bamboo. If you make it thru without much of a scratch, you might be disappointed there is not much to steal.

Between my dogs and all the dogs the neighbors have, you might get your exercise trying to get the hell out of the area.

I guess it would be fun watching somebody come over the wall. The last time somebosy tried coming over the wall, they left behind their Smith & Wesson knife. I kept it.

Getting over the wall is no big deal but dodging the catus can be a big deal. If you come from the back, you will find another wall. That wall has some of these nasty bushes planted that have real nasty thorns. Then you have to get thru the bamboo. If you make it thru without much of a scratch, you might be disappointed there is not much to steal.

Between my dogs and all the dogs the neighbors have, you might get your exercise trying to get the hell out of the area.

About five gallons of gas solves all of that. Including the dogs.

Low tech would be a blanket for the thorns and a bow for the dogs... while sitting on the wall! (But I bet you sleep through barking dogs all the time.) But even so, a better plan is to get the dogs 'rilled up, let you come out to check, and....

We actually advocate not having bushes that would impede a person as they also impede your ability to see them. A wall of bamboo plants is pretty but not tactical.

Remember again, you said four of five foot thick walls, which means you think someone is REALLY out to get you. That protects you from small arms fire but not dedicated fire. The real week point is a water supply to fight the real fire. Got bullet proof glass to keep fire... out?

Getting ready for judgement day BKT? Or is it just that you live in the USA? About the same thing I guess.

Naaaw, I live almost like all my neighbors do.

We got 2 small grown up dogs. One dog just had puppies so that doesn't count.

All of our neighbors except for one, have more dogs then we do. Some of them are really big.

The way I look at it, the rif-raf seem to not hang around our neighborhood.

Buy about 10 mil worth of rental property. Apartment buildings, etc. In this market I could find some good bargains. Get a property management company to collect the rent, pay real estate taxes, etc.

Diversify a bit into stocks, gold, etc. I wouldn't put more than 10 or 15 percent into any one type of investment.

Why the feck would you bother? :dunno: You've got 100 million. You can live in luxury/any way you want for the rest of your life without investing a penny (cent). :shakehead

Buy about 10 mil worth of rental property. Apartment buildings' date=' etc. In this market I could find some good bargains. Get a property management company to collect the rent, pay real estate taxes, etc.

Diversify a bit into stocks, gold, etc. I wouldn't put more than 10 or 15 percent into any one type of investment. [/quote']

Why the feck would you bother? :dunno: You've got 100 million. You can live in luxury/any way you want for the rest of your life without investing a penny (cent). :shakehead

Yep, with 100 million, it doesn't really matter how you invest it, as long as you don't burn it completely. Even losing 10 or 50 mio on the stock market wouldn't change anything.

But if you win 'only' 1 mio you must be very careful what you do with it. In Germany we have several lottery winners who lived a high life for a few years and now live on social security.

Archived