What would you do?

Faustian

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After about 1850, we learned that good walls dont keep anyone out. Now with modern weapons and a free ROE, my unit could destroy your compound in a manner of minuets with just the stuff we have off the shelf.

Add to that a helicopter or any missile system, and your screwed a lot faster.

Like...... why in the hell would you want to do that?

Buy about 10 mil worth of rental property. Apartment buildings, etc. In this market I could find some good bargains. Get a property management company to collect the rent, pay real estate taxes, etc.

Diversify a bit into stocks, gold, etc. I wouldn't put more than 10 or 15 percent into any one type of investment.

This will piss off 99% of the forum but I would contribute a certain amount to a church I went to a while back who did great work. Its my money I can spend it where I want. :neener:

I'd pay off the mortgages of my family and set up a college fund for the children. No more than that, I want them all to keep working. They have gotten a great advantage and if they squander its their own fault and if they increase it, I'm happy as clams.

Buy the best health insurance with coverage no matter where I go.

I'd keep about 5 to 10 mil in cash for myself to live on. I'm not the high roller so I would live decent but not extravagant. I'd enjoy life. Travel the world. See events like the world cup, carnvial, super bowl, etc.

Oh, forgot. I'd bang as many women as I can. I do not now (or at least try), but I have the opportunity for more now.

For the same reason, if opposite, of why you would want to build it in the first place.

The only reason to build a fortress is if you are afraid of something. But after modern weapons in about 1870, self contained fortresses were obsolete.

I buy a bar in Pattaya. Completely gut it. Install a huge water tank along one side where nakid "mermaids" could swim before "dinking" with the "cutomers". I'd have a fire-proof stage where "show girls" could do special tricks with fire as my "cutomers" sit on $400 special stools imported from the EC. I think I might call it, uh, er...let me see? I'd have a contest to name it and give $100,000 to the contestant who comes up with the name used. Oh...and a lifetime pass to the bar for barfines, also.

HH

For the same reason' date=' if opposite, of why you would want to build it in the first place.

The only reason to build a fortress is if you are afraid of something. But after modern weapons in about 1870, self contained fortresses were obsolete.

[/quote']

Were I live, everybody has a wall around their property. Nothing new.

We put the walls up to keep people out. It works.

Hi,

"I would contribute a certain amount to a church I went to a while back who did great work."

Serious question.

The Roman Catholic church is probably the richest organization in the world. Why would you give it more money? If you want to donate, there must be organizations who could use it more?

Sanuk!

I would also give some to a church in San Francisco. Glide memorial. Not because of any religious reason, but because they fed me when I had no money or food. They do that for a lot of people, and have helped turn a few people around...not me of course, but they do a lot of good.

Archived