Skip the over-priced macs!

Weird

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really can't tell if your post is supposed to be serious or a joke coops.

Seriously.... I mean, serious. I just bought a Mac.... and hey, had to restrain myself from getting the 2Tb (2000 Gb, ha) time capsule.... just because size does matter.

And it works.....even installed windows xp on a bootcamp partition, then a trial of VMfusion and behold - the curiously disgusting sight of Windows booting up from within a window on the Mac desktop.

And by the way - a new 13" Sony (With Windows obviously) would have cost 80,000 baht - opposed to 58,000 for the 2.5 gHz 13" Mac....

Coops

Who really needs a 1TB hard drive?

The 1TB hard drive is the Time Capsule which functions as an automatic backup (and Wifi router) for the Macbook. Combined with Apple's Time Machine (part of Leopard) it is currently the best Hd based backup solution for consumers on the market (geeks of course will need a NAS with a RAID system). It keeps backups of recent hours, days, months and can be even administered by your grandma.

The bigger the hd, the more you will be able to go back in time if you are looking for to restore old files.

Seriously.... I mean' date=' serious. I just bought a Mac.... and hey, had to restrain myself from getting the 2Tb (2000 Gb, ha) time capsule.... just because size does matter.

And it works.....even installed windows xp on a bootcamp partition, then a trial of VMfusion and behold - the curiously disgusting sight of Windows booting up from within a window on the Mac desktop.

And by the way - a new 13" Sony (With Windows obviously) would have cost 80,000 baht - opposed to 58,000 for the 2.5 gHz 13" Mac....

Coops

[/quote']

No seriously. If you didn't even bother to read what the original post was about why do you bother posting?

No seriously. If you didn't even bother to read what the original post was about why do you bother posting?

Forgive me... i was just so excited to buy some shiny new stuff. And it was a Mac, and not so overpriced.... but hey - now i have read the link and even bookmarked it in case i get the urge to hack a PC to Mac.

Thanks - sorry for the inconvenience. :wink:

coops

There are rumors about new iMacs being released in October around the time when Windos 7 comes out. And for new plastic Macbooks (but not Macbooks Pro).

To check the product cycle of Apple hardware: MacRumors Buyer's Guide

Product: iMac

Recommendation: Buy only if you need it - Approaching the end of a cycle

Last Release: March 03, 2009

Days Since Update: 198 (Avg = 220)

Product: MacBook Pro

Recommendation: Neutral - Mid product cycle

Last Release: June 08, 2009

Days Since Update: 101 (Avg = 200)

Product: MacBook

Recommendation: Neutral - Mid product cycle

Last Release: May 27, 2009