Skip the over-priced macs!

Weird

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice, might give it a go.

I won't. I still have an ugly, noisy PC under my table and an old 19" CTR monitor on the table. Not forgetting all the cables need to connect, monitor, speakers, e.g.

I sit day and night in front of a computer, and I want to sit in front of the beautiful object...

Therefore I just decided to skip the Christmas holiday and buy an iMac instead.

Just committed windows apostasy on friday.... now have a 13" macbook pro and 1Tb time capsule.

Still have my old cute Sony TX and desktop Pc for stuff - amazed how easily the timecapsule with its wireless networked installed and took over from my Zyxel DSL modem and router (this is in bangkok on True dsl....) - turned off the wireless on the zyxel, plugged in installed etc time capsule - damn thing worked..... first told me it had to go in to bridge mode (i'd forgot about the Linksys skype wireless phone and the Sonos music system also running thru ethernet thru the zyxel!) and it worked fine - my gast was flabbered.

Shutdown is hilariously quick.... and from sleep 'boot up' is as close to instant on as makes no difference whatsoever.

Oh, and because this is thailand...... i didn't bother waiting 2 to 3 weeks for the 500gB upgrade and paying 5600 baht.... walked 50yds to hardware house (in fortune town) bought a 500gB WD scorpio blue drive for 3150 baht which the Apple guys imaged and installed for me.... and i get the original 250gB drive to take away as a memento/emergency backup.

Marvellous.

Coops

Archived