Vista versus XP?

Lusty

I am running Kubuntu 64 bit on my new Lenovo G530. No crashes (1 week burn in so far), just pure performance for my apps. I downloaded VirualBox and have run XP as a virtual machine. Now you can install Ubuntu with Wubi and not affect your Windows disk partitions.

The word "GEEK" springs to mind. ;)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I say you got that one wrong :)

At least I have the choice with vista to (re)install any version (32bit or 64bit) if thats what it takes to get the 64bit win7!

but as I said that requires some work/risk (doing reinstall) & thus might be better off buying a pirated fresh win7 off the shelf in bkk cheaper than the 'free $19.95 shipping upgrade' of win7 :rolleyes:

"The "free" upgrade is for Vista 32 bit to Win 7 32 bit. You have to pay full price to get 64 bit Win 7."

Guys,

afaik the serials for Vista of Win7 are good to install both 32bit and 64bit versions. All one needs is the setup DVD to do so.

Worldfun,

if you can get the serial to upgrade to Win7 it doesn't matter where you get the DVD from. Not sure what you need to do to get from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit. You'll find out.

Strange. I have a SATA SAMSUNG HD321KJ hard disk. Never had any problem installing WIN XP Pro on it. Didn't need to install any extra drivers.

And you won't have any problems as long as let your SATA controller act like an IDE controller. You only need additional drivers when you want to use RAID function or AHCI.

Archived