"shoot any trespassers"

Sporty

Phnom Penh - Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen ordered his troops on Monday to shoot any trespassers in a simmering border dispute with Thailand and angrily blasted the neighbouring nation's territorial claims.

His remarks came a little over a week after Thai protesters rallied at the disputed border area near the 11th century Preah Vihear temple, the site of clashes that have killed seven soldiers since tensions flared last year.

"If they enter again, they will be shot," Mr Hun Sen told officials who applauded as he publicly ordered troops along the border to fire against civilian or military "invader enemies" who illegally enter Cambodia.

"Troops, police and all armed forces must adhere to the order... for invaders, shields are not used but bullets are used," Mr Hun Sen said in the speech at the opening ceremony for Cambodia's new Ministry of Tourism building.

FULL Article --- http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/asia/155501/cambodia-hun-sen-orders-army-to-shoot-thai-trespasses

If the USA had this policy, we wouldn't have a lot of the problems we have...where illegals are concerned I mean...

As for Hun Sen, wasn't he one of the Khmer Rouge leaders? if I read it right, when Pol Pot got his number, and Hun Sen's time was limited, he was supposedly "captured "by the Vietnamese, and "convinced" them to stop Pol Pot...er some such bullshit like that...

Flash,

You seem to have a bug up your ass with the Cambodians...any particular reason? If anyone is to blame here, I say it is the french. They drew up the map that got this all going in the first place...

My bitch is with Hun Sen. He's an ex-Khmer Rouge installed by Hanoi and kisses their arses whenever they ask. He signed over several border areas to Hanoi - and no one was allowed to question it, or else. He kicks up a fuss over the "evil Thais" for political votes. Remember when the Thai embassy in Cambodia was destroyed, with the diplomatic staff fleeing for their lives? It was because a Thai actress "had said" that Angkor Wat really belongs to Thailand. Uh ... it was a line she said in a TV show set in the early 1940s in the Indo-China War with the French. It was in the script! This statement is just another ploy by HS to stir up political support via nationalism.

Hun Sen is a scumbag of the deepest hue.

<< Hun Sen's government has also been known for carrying out a fire sale of land to foreign investors in 2007-08 and the eviction of thousands of residents from their homes.

Hun Sen was implicated in corruption related to Cambodia's oil wealth and mineral resources in Global Witness 2009 report on Cambodia. He and his close associates were accused of carrying out secret negotiations with interested private parties and taking money from those who he would grant rights to exploit the resources.>>

Wikipedia

Archived