Airport tax at Subarnapoom ?

gobbledonk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've flown Thai, Etihad and Emirates to LOS in the last few years and it has always been included in the ticket. There are now no booths or vending machines where you can pay it and no one checking that you've paid for it so I think it's safe to say that it's included in all tickets now. I believe that the first time I didn't have to pay it was December 2006.

P.S. If you're still not convinced then just keep 500 aside for the trip home and if you don't need it for tax, which you won't, then you can spend it on duty free or keep it for your next visit. :up:

I don't have a problem paying a tax. I have a problem with paying a tax in cash at the airport (where everyone is honest, I'm sure) in a 3rd world country such as the Philippines. Don't tell me you are blind to the corruption and seriously think every peso collected goes to the tax man? I would also bet big money some people here in Thailand lost out a bit when the tax started being collected with ticket purchases instead at the airline where I remember paying it many years ago.

:cover:

I think you missed my point. I pay the tax, what they do with it or who gets a cut is not my problem.

TH

I am anal about companies trying to stick it to me (us) in little ways. Banks, airlines, they all do it. They fee us all to death. Plus I'm a cheap, poor bastard...lol.

Anyway, I don't recall paying it last summer when I was here but then again, I wasn't really paying much attention. Still in trauma for having to leave LOS when I'm at the airport.

A booking agent here said it was included in Thai Air tickets, which is the airline I'm on. Gotta remember to include my frequent flier number as well although they find ways to screw us out of that as well nowadays.

CS, how right you are, Thai are now so tight they give 0 miles for the bottom 3 booking classes in economy. Which are lets face it the booking classes that the vast majority of people on the plane have paid for. I used to have a gold FF card with Thai but hav'nt been with them for a while. Flew with them to Bangkok in november, no seat back entertainment system and my reading light did'nt work also. They where tight with the onboard drinks and I got 0 miles on my FF card. So unless they are very cheap I won't be rushing to book with them next time I go!

Simie.

The tax was included in the ticket and always will the airline told me at the airport.

What angered me so much when the financial meltdown was happening was that the banks and the airlines have been f**king us for years with unfair or inapropriate fees for all manor things. Milking us at every turn and then we turn around and GIVE them MONEY!! They will go back to doing the same g*d damned thing.

Airlines are sh*t. Domestic flights in the U.S. where you pay for checked baggage. Imagine a family going to Disneyland on vacation? Working stiff wants to show us family a couple weeks of fun and have to endure a few hundred dollars out of his pocket more that could be for the kids so that the luggage can be checked in. F**k em all!!

Steve: The airlines, cunts that they are, are no big fans of taxes either for obvious reasons. Apart from driving overall ticket prices up, the industry had to spend lots of money just to keep abreast of all the new worldwide taxes (worst of all constantly changing passenger facility charges in the US) and find ways to bundle them in order to print them on paper tickets (in the old days) which had run out of space for them. It was nearly impossible for a customer to look at his ticket and see what taxes had been paid. When congress or other governments impose a new tax, they have little consideration for the industry charged with implementing those taxes.

This was the subject line of the email to me Don't Lose Your Miles

Dear Steven, (yes folks, my name actually is Steve..lol)

We've missed your participation in the AAdvantage® program and we are eager to help you benefit from your membership. Since you have not had any recent account activity, we wanted to be sure you are aware of the many ways to keep your AAdvantage account active and your miles available to redeem for future award travel.

Your last activity date is noted above for your reference. This date is reset every time you earn or redeem AAdvantage miles, but without any qualifying activity, your miles will expire 18 months from that date. But it's easy to keep your miles from expiring.

There is still plenty of time to book and complete travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection® flights in order to keep your account active. Always be sure your AAdvantage number is in your reservation record so you will earn miles for eligible flights. If you are not planning to travel in the next six months, check out all the easy ways to earn miles at over a thousand AAdvantage participating companies every day.

Another way to keep your miles active is with the buyAAmiles® program. For less than $60, you can purchase 1,000 AAdvantage miles and ensure that your entire mileage balance is available for your use for at least 18 more months! It's that easy.

We appreciate your business and hope you will take one of these suggestions and become active in the program once again.

F**k the airlines and banks. They were rob us in good times and bad. Banks that were posting healthy profits was still charging all kinds of fees at ATMs, etc. for all manner of things.

Airlines are no different. Pisses me off we are bailing them out.

Archived