Best Coffee Shops in Bangkok

Mike Goodtime

Does Bangkok have any really good coffee shops based on the quality of the coffee, interior design, atmosphere, etc?

On my trip this February/March I'll be meeting up with people for coffee and tea on a number of occasions and was wondering if there were any outstanding mentions of coffee shops in Bangkok aside from the chain coffee shops like Starbucks.

I love Starbucks, but it is cool to go an independent coffee shop that has kick ass coffee, interior design, and/or atmosphere aside from the chain type quality.

Sir ,

I am a great believer in educated places serving tea and coffee plus a piece of high quality cake . Must admit there is nothing by the river available at the moment of that kind and therefore my favorite spot has become the lobby of the Four Seasons , ex Regent hotel . Additional advantage is that they have an open place inside the hotel where you may smoke if you like , supported by aforementioned teas etc . Highly recommended .

"Coffee Beans by Dao" is pricey, but does good coffee and really, really good cake... food too.

Only know the main branch on Ekamai at soi 12, but there's others, apparently one in the Paragon....maybe you can get it here

http://www.coffeebeans.co.th/menu.html in the branches link - doesn't work in Opera or safari... but Google should let you know other branch addresses....

Not too good for the eye candy though (at ekamai anyway) - too many helmets....

Coops

Archived