Searches On Arrival At Suvarnabhumi

bust

Just curious if anyone has ever had a baggage search on arrival at either at Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang.

In 16 years of visiting LOS never had one and at times would have maybe had some issues if I had.

Most of the time they seems to be sleeping at the counter or just nobody is interested...like they are just there because they need to be seen but have no intention of doing anything.

Anyone ever been searched or know of anyone who has?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, previous posters have mentioned duty free bag carrying arrivals being targeted.

I always chuck my duty free in another bag/briefcase.

Had my bags x-rayed once on arrival, but then passed on through. I got the impression that they were x-raying because they had to be seen to do so. The operator was not looking interested.

Coss

I have always wondered, if, they ever impose the bringing in of a maximum of 50,000 baht - if indeed, that sign is still posted.

These days, I am sure most Aussies would bring in the equivalent of about 50,000 to 1000,000 baht on thier person or does it just relate specifically to baht only?

I have always wondered, if, they ever impose the bringing in of a maximum of 50,000 baht - if indeed, that sign is still posted.

These days, I am sure most Aussies would bring in the equivalent of about 50,000 to 1000,000 baht on thier person or does it just relate specifically to baht only?

I know a board member who was stopped for bringing in more than 200 ciggies, got a heavy fine and temporary incarcaration.

Archived