Trafficking and Indenture.

Coss

Or course, non-Christians never did such a thing. ;)

But only in a limited scope for several hundred year, since until the middle of the last century most parts of world where und the control of Western Christian countries. Some exceptions: parts of North Africa and parts of Asia (Japan, LOS, e.g.).

By the way: Japan had probably the most thoroughly response to Christian missionaries:

When the rulers realized that spreading Christianity was a major tool for to destabilize the country and for to prepare Japan to be overtaken by European colonia powers, they forced all Christians to abandon their believes and killed those who didn't. It took only a few years to close this chapter...

<< But only in a limited scope for several hundred year, since until the middle of the last century most parts of world where und the control of Western Christian countries. Some exceptions: parts of North Africa and parts of Asia (Japan, LOS, e.g.). >>

And the rather sizeable Ottoman Empire! Only relatively small coastal areas of China ever were taken over.

Imagine if you will? Indeed' date=' a bit of a stretch of the imagination, if I'm asked.

HH[/quote']

Taking children out of a country without an official permission is a fucking disgrace. Those christian good doers violate the basic rules of *any* civil society.

That't the old Christian believe of their superiority above non Christians and especially above non-white people.

They did this for centuries all over the world: stealing, kidnapping, forcing children to become members of their group, by destroying their identity, traditions, believes and memories (Latin Amerika, USA, Australia, parts of Asia, e.g.). But of course they never let them become full members, but kept them more or less as slaves or cheap laborers.

Slavery still exist in the USA. How can that be? People just can not believe that [color:red]'so called Christians'[/color] have in the past and now in the present can practice slavery.

The issues of slavery were at one time a [color:red]'ripping force'[/color] in the USA.

<< But only in a limited scope for several hundred year, since until the middle of the last century most parts of world where und the control of Western Christian countries. Some exceptions: parts of North Africa and parts of Asia (Japan, LOS, e.g.). >>

And the rather sizeable Ottoman Empire! Only relatively small coastal areas of China ever were taken over.

The Ottoman Empire was relatively tolerant in regard to religions. Interestingly some of the Muslim empires like the huge Ottoman Empire or or the Moors in Spain where relatively tolerant in regard to non-Muslims. Both had Jewish and Christian/Orthodox communities which were exempted from the Sharia law.

Too much bullshit to bother worth replying.

HH

Hehehe' date='

loss of arguments...

;) [/quote']

Difficult to argue over foolish statements; and, a waste of time.

However, can u tell me if it was a violation of law by the few Germans who risked their lives during Hitler's rule to smuggle doomed Jews out of the country? Oh, of course not ! Presumably, only atheists were involved in those efforts. :rolleyes:

I happen to believe that a lot more information about the efforts of the group of Baptists needs to be collected before coming to much of a conclusion. You're very quick to try and hang these people on the basis of what's been posted above. You're no better than if you had said that single men who go to Cambodia are athesists and are there to fuck children. Like I said before, difficult to argue over foolish statements...and, by extension, those who make fools out of themselves.

HH

Just saw this story on CNN. They found some of the mothers of the children and they said they voluntarily gave up their child because they simply could not provide for them. One mother when told she can take her daughter back said no because she can't provide food or water.

I think the missionaries knew they weren't following the letter of the law but due to the situation being one of an emergency they felt expediency was the 'christian and humane' thing to do over trying legal means through a government that may be uncapable presently of even addressing the issue.

We all can draw our own individual conclusions.

This Haiti thing is a rabbit hole. Getting the country back to its pre earthquake status isn't good enough. Making it a functional society is an herculean task and will require a complete overhaul. I don't think there will be a solution for all this. Money will come in an ongoing basis but I think the result wlll be Haiti will be one big welfare state relying on monies from foreign governments, international organizations and charities. The media will comment about how its still a mess and avoid the real truth about the country.

Is Haiti savable? Savable in the sense that it can become similar to its caribbean neighbors who are poor but not starving? No. I don't think there will be a lasting international will nor the domestic leadership to get it done. I hope and pray my assessment is wrong.

But if you were Madonna, you would adopt a few to add to your collection. :)

p.s. As I understand it, these Baptists were taking the children to orphanages on the Dominican Republic side of the island. They would probably have been cared for by members of the same race and religion as they were, but speaking Spanish not French.

If I was a missionary, I would not even think about taking any of the children out of the country. I would try providing food, water, shelter and clothing for the family.

And there lies the problem.

A missionary's purpose is to go into the world with the "mission" of sharing their faith and persuading others to join them in their faith, not to provide food, water and shelter.

And what is the national faith of Haiti? Voodoo I believe and Roman Catholic.

Archived