Baby Back

hyaehus

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told by a few guys the food sucked there...but I never went myself. I have a friend who loves Tony Roma's...and ah he's a black guy... :dunno::dunno:

Ribs are one of those foods that can be easily messed up and done poorly. Best places I ever had BBQ was in Arkansas and Texas. One of the worst oddly enough was Memphis.

Just to reminisce, the best I've ever had was a place in Angeles City, Philippines called "The Bus Stop" (P4P bar & restaurant) in an out of the way place near the first Swagman Hotel. It was run by a retired Air Force fellow.

It went away soon after Clark closed in 1990.

Can't remember second best, but New Orleans in Pattaya isn't far off. The sauce there isn't much more than seasoned Catsup, but the tenderness of the meat is wonderful.

Call me old fashioned here, but I believe in stereotypes especially when food is concerned. For really great BBQ, you need to go to a 300+ pound black guy named Bubba or maybe Antone. A 250+ pound Black woman named Rosa or Mable is just as good. Some white guy from Manhattan named Mark or David just isn't going to do it. Call me a bigot, then test my theory and you will see I am right.

I loves me some ribs...can't really get good ones in SFO... :(

Archived